• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Help me!!

channy

Young Bun
Hi all, im Chantelle.

I have had 2 rabbits loppy and a lionhead, for over 2 years now. Last night my lionhead went missing out of her run and i carnt find her anywhere, im very upset as you imagine.
But im am realy concerned for my loppy eared rabbit. He has only ever known being with her and now shes gone.... Any ideas of how he will reach or what i could do to help him? I couldnt bare anything happening to him as well. PLEASE HELP ME!:(

I'm so sorry about your lionhead. Have you tried asking all your neighbours? Calling the local vets? The RSPCA? Keep trying, they can turn up.

Do you know how she got out? You need to make sure that doesn't happen with your lop too.

As for your lop, how is he acting? normal? Eating? Active? Pooing/weeing?

Where do they normally live?

Welcome to the site, I'm sorry it's not under better circumstances.

You can also put posters up in the area.I really hope that you find your bun.If your other bun is still eating then he will be fine

I dont know how she got out, there is wire all around the garden. My lop seems to be fine but i just wanted to know about long term, i feel so sorry that he has lost her!They live in the garage in a hutch.

Could she have dug out? Or jumped? Are there predators around that might have carried her away? (I know that's a horrible thought but obviously you have to think of these things because you have to protect your lop).

It might be worth not letting your other one out until you can figure out how she got out.

Long term you can look for another friend, if you want to. Rabbits can often be bonded with another friend. You can look in places like rescues to find the perfect one, and with a rescue bun you generally know exactly what you are getting and an adult one will generally come spayed/neutered so you don't have to worry about the hormone issue.

Short term though, keep looking for your bun because it might be a neighbour as found it and has it until they can take it to the RSPCA or something.

thanx for your help so much.

we actually think a fox took her, we have a lot in out area and when we had a closer look around we found lots of her fur...and im scared of letting my lop out!!!
i have sent out 'missing' pics to all the people around my house. i have been reading about foxes on some sites and it does say that foxes dont usually take animals from their homes.

i feel so sorry for her, that she may have been in pain!! and it was only 7.10 in the eavening so it wasnt dark!:(

any tips on keeping foexes away..???

so sorry this has happened..my snowy rabbit is still missing tho it does sound likely it was a fox or cat or other predator that has taken your rabbit keep searching in case she got away and is injured under buses in peoples gardens... we put up psoters put flyers through doors (800) and got a radio station to do a shout out.ring round local rescues adn vets in case she get sfound and handed in. regarding remainnng bun they all react differently. dora stopped eating and pined and lost a heck of a lotof ewiehgt i had to do something she is now bonded with arthur but if we ever get snowy back we intend to have a 3 sum i hope it isnt the worst case and that your bunster gets found...x

oh dear, sorry this has happened. Welcome to RU regardless and please do keep us updated.

Back