• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets At Home - Out The Back!!

Bunny_mad

Alpha Buck
Well I had a chance to see out the back of P@H and I am not impressed, I will not be naming the store and it is not where I live. There was 5 or so nethies to 1 indoor style cage and 5 or so other breeds in the same conditions. There was also 3 what looked like larger breed buns in the same size cages but in there own cages. I just assumed that they were to be put out today but after calling the store, only the nethies are out. Don't get me wrong the cages were clean but thats not the point! It upset me to see them! I am trying to discover what breed the larger buns were but cant. I can describe them as wild rabbit colour with erect ears. Any help? Am I over reacting to this or is it wrong? I just wanted to take them all away? I have a soft spot for the larger buns so called to see if they were on sale but it seems not. It looked like there were not any exercise facilities in the back but again I could be worng. Please note this is my own opinion and the animals were in good condition. I am just a little shocked as the cage sizes. :evil:

My cat was heading to the vet and I needed to drop him off early, so I went through the back!! Im just upset!! :cry:

if you arent happy write a lettter of complaint or try and get a meeting with the manager to find out if normal practise or not. to be honest i think it depends on the branch some seem better than others..did the cages have a sheltered area for if rain or cold?

Our friend got to see round the back of our local store aswell. enclosure with about 15 bunsters - girls and boys :shock:

The wild colour ones were probably what they sell as "giant house rabbit" although I don't think this is as big as people on here would expect for a true giant.

I just want to help them, I really want a giant! How big do these ones get? It terrible, the normal public will buy them, they will get to big and then be palmed off!!!

Giant Rabbits will often end up bigger than cats and small dogs.

P@H sell them at a huge price though, over £100 if I remember correctly.

£100 People are crazy. its so sad! I just don't have £100 to make it all better! If people don't buy them though they won't sell them! Lets boycot them!!

I went to Pets at home once and they were 'unpacking' a small cardboard box stuffed full of rabbits and guinea pigs together. It was a Walkers crisps box and at least 25 animals came out of it, poor things. God knows how long they had been in it :cry:

£100 People are crazy. its so sad! I just don't have £100 to make it all better! If people don't buy them though they won't sell them! Lets boycot them!!

thats fab idea!!
but how? how could you get lots of people to do it? x

I just want to help them, I really want a giant! How big do these ones get? It terrible, the normal public will buy them, they will get to big and then be palmed off!!!

First what do you mean by normal public? are you abnormal?:lol:

Also by reading this it makes it sound as if these bunnies were outside in indoor cages as some have asked if they had shelter..were they outside if so it needs reporting quickly..if they were inside please make it clear.
I don't agree with the selling of livestock but if you are going to make complaints and/ or run down a place..make sure what you are writing is accurate and isn't at all misleading

Ok, Lets make this clear. They were indoors, but out the back where it is a bit chilly but of course they don't need shlter. My only issue was the space they had and not the condition of the cage or the buns. I just wanted people to know so they were aware and could choose to take action or not. I am not trying to twist anyones arm. Sorry if it feels like that. You can all draw your own conclusions. By normal public, I mean people not as experienced with buns as us. People with Kids who on the spur of the moment buy a bun.

Mai_Roberts - No idea how we can boycot them, just not buy from there. Every lost sale makes an impact!!! x

Mai_Roberts - No idea how we can boycot them, just not buy from there. Every lost sale makes an impact!!! x

hmm, yea thats true. I spose just by telling people? i mean look at the bus bycot that martin luther king did! and the results that got!! Peaceful protest is the was forward... :oops:

I went to Pets at home once and they were 'unpacking' a small cardboard box stuffed full of rabbits and guinea pigs together. It was a Walkers crisps box and at least 25 animals came out of it, poor things. God knows how long they had been in it :cry:

A small walkers crisp box with 25 animals in it? Is that possible? Which store was that and where was this box being unpacked? When was this?

HoneyBunny - I can only appologise. I was angry and didn't make myself too clear!!

ok I'm not saying that cramming animals into small cages is right..just don't be tempted to exagerate or get things muddled..I did the same myself recently:lol:

Back