• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there a single storey hutch big enough for 4 piggies?

gemmam

Alpha Buck
Hi, My piggies are in a triple storey 5'x18'x18' hutch with ramps but to be honest get very little benefit out of all that space as they tend to stay huddled in one of the bedroom areas. Only one of them really uses the ramps, thr others are nearly always on one level. I have only had them and the hutch a few months but am already thinking about replacing it with a straightforward single hutch where at least they'd use the whole floor space. What size would be suitable? I don't think I'll persuade my husband to let me get a new one yet so better start saving! I don't really want a playhouse or shed at the moment as would rather wait til we move, although could maybe consider a small playhouse if it wasn't too pricey and could be moved.

Hi, would love to but don't have either the diy skills or the time at the moment! Need something ready made and easy to assemble!

Most rescues recommend a 4ft hutch for guinea pigs, so a 6ft one would be great. Generally a 4ft x 4ft run is the minimum too.

yes think 4 ft is for 1-2 but i cant se why a 2ftx6ft would be abd for 4 piggies... speak to jelly baby...she has a thistle hall 2 storey and a pen attatched in her spare room ...its a loverly big space for them and think she haas 6 but it ocudl be 7 im not sure! xx

I think it depend on the size of your piggies, mine are relatively small and four would fit in a 6ft hutch with plenty of room. Though I have seen some really huge piggies who are almost as big as some buns. I agree about the hiding part, I hardly ever see mine except at cuddle time and feed time. Even when they are in the run they only come out when no-one is looking! :lol:

They are quite small I think. I am thinking a 6' might be ok, they aren't that active anyway in the hutch and do have a huge pen made of two packs of panels joined together. Hardly dare tell my husband my plan though, might have to tell him I've sold the current triple one although in reality I'll probably just donate it to a rescue or something.

I have 10 in my 8ft by 2ft with upstairs and down stairs they use it more at night so In the day they all hide in the bedding room !!!
Its very big and heavy as made by my brother

try ebay they have loads of different hutchs and i have got my latest from i think there called albanypets..... The things i got have been good....

I kbnow how you feel I have pig hutch nightmares. I never get it right.
I am now on to my 4th pig accomodation and still have the other 3!

Rabswood

Back