• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best probiotic for bunny on long term baytril please help!!

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
I have had lots of suggestions and therefore I am confused!!!

Biolapis?

Fibreplex?

Protexin?

I want the best for Polo... So which one??? or are they equally good??

Also... if i were to use say Biolapis for example... would it be ok to add a different brand of Probiotic to the water (Ive got loads of Lacto-B) ??

Many thanks

biolapis..or fiberplex..think biolapis just replaces the good bacteria where as fiberplex will stiimulate the gut... not sure about the other one!?? sorry xx

biolapis..or fiberplex..think biolapis just replaces the good bacteria where as fiberplex will stiimulate the gut... not sure about the other one!?? sorry xx

Fibreplex is better then :thumb: ... theres so many different types of the stuff on the internet im not sure which one is the right one??

just looking now... hang on doing som searches....
Enlarge Image
Code: PROT28

Protexin Fibreplex (rabbit/small pet) 15ml
A high fibre paste formulation for rabbits and small pets.Fibreplex for rabbits and small pets provides palatable,easy to administer extra dietary fibre to encourage normal hind gut function

A high fibre paste formulation for rabbits and small pets. Fibreplex for rabbits and small pets provides palatable, easy to administer extra dietary fibre to encourage normal hind gut function.

apparently this is what protexin is..ie its the same as the other one?

Additional fibre source for use in cases of gut dysfunction

To encourage normal levels of caecotroph activity

Includes beneficial microorganisms to rapidly populate the gastrointestinal tract

Contains prebiotics to synergistically enhance the growth and colonisation of beneficial microorganisms
General anaesthesia, surgery and disease conditions often produce gut stasis. Fibreplex has been formulated as an easy to administer high fibre product containing probiotics and prebiotics designed to encourage normal digestion following major disruptions. This helps to ensure that the normal digestive and immunological processes are functioning as quickly as possible. The prebiotic Preplex combines multi-sources of prebiotic to ensure various degrees of selectively fermentable sources of food for beneficial microorganisms within the gut.

lol jsut found this the full name of biolapis is
Protexin BiolaBio-Lapis is an oral preparation used in the restoration of intestinal function and the management of intestinal disturbance in rabbits and other small pets.pis

erm it looks like they all do the same and have the same stuff?!!

Back