• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chasing..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Is it usual for pairs to chase after been bonded for years?

Only Tigger and Lindt do this alot particuarly when another bun is seen or heard and at feeding time.

Lopsy and Bo also chase when its feeding time. They are currently chasing abit but i feel this is due to the shed been placed near them with the newly bonded 4some inside, so im guessing its just because they can hear them?

xx

Sounds like jealousy to me. I have 4 pairs and they all hate each other :( Mona, my oldest and fieriest hates to see me with other buns, let alone touching and feeding them. The more you can separate rival groups, the less stressed they should be. Put up extra partions andmaybe spray a natural plant scent to neutralise the area the shed is near.

One of my pairs chase at feeding time - its quite horrible really. I think its a dominance thing, so Truffle chases Pickle round as soon as she knows food is coming to let Pickle know shes top bunny and will get first go at food. They're usually fine once the food is down but its pretty awful to watch, as it makes me feel so sorry for Pickle. I always make sure theyre fed first to minimise the chasing time available.

some buns do and some buns dont... arthur plays chase... lol he runs .....then if you stop chasing him he runs back to you...then you chase him and he binkys!! he is such a silly rabbit. ergarding when other buns around this is often reffereed aggression and feeding time could be jelousy unless any injurys are being caused i wouldnt worry about it.xx

Thanks guys. I always make sure i feed them first to stop the chasing. As soon as they hear the food in its container they know lol.

x

Back