• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GI Stasis - Perry needs vibes please :(

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Hey,

Just had to leave Perry at the vets. They've admitted him with stasis. Im gutted and just praying he'll be ok. Belle loves him soooo much :cry:

Any spare vibes will be greatly appreciated

Lisa

My previous house bunny ( mr dk bones - now in bunny heaven) had this regular. All of a sudden, I am so sorry, I am sure your bun will be fine and dandy in no time! It's awful isn't it when you have to leave them at the vets. My vet said that he had IBS along with neglect at birth ( we stole him from a rubbish owner - long story) this is what made his gi statis an ongoing problem! I am sure your bun will be fine! Let me know how your bun gets on.:wave:

positive vibes coming your way . I too have my friends bunny ill with GI stasis , this is one of the reasons i am still up and a guineapig giving birth

Vibes for your bun:)

We have been through stasis x2 and she pulled through fine.

I'm sure your bun will too and will be home soon snuggling up to Belle x

:wave: VIBES for Perry. I'm sure he'll pull through. Back in June, my Lailey bunny was in the vets for a week with this but she pulled through and was soon back to her normal, cheeky self:love: A very worrying time though. I'm sure Perry will be home soon:D

Take care.

Juliaxx

hi how is perry doing? anychance you can sneak your other bun in to be with him or to visit to cheer him up?

Im soooo relieved! Wagged work so i could be here if needed and to give Belle some company.Phoned at 10 this morning and he was in surgery having his back teeth sorted while he was there. He ate and pooed early this morning and seemed bright and naughty ;) They thought they might as well have a proper look at his teeth and he had a spur on one of his back teeth that wasnt causing him problems at the minute but prob would in a bit. So they took him iton into and sorted it out first thing! he must have been ok otherwise they wouldnt have put him through the GA. I phoned at 11 and he was fine and in recovery. I have to phone back at 2 and if he's eaten and pooed i can go and get him! :D

Ive had one other rabbit go through this and its sooo awful. Its so important to catch it early. The only signs with Perry were that he was a little off his food and just not quite himself - that's it. He was still doing a few poos and everything. I think you just KNOW when somethings wrong don't you?

Thanks soooo much for everyone's dead nice messages and everything - i really appreciate it. It's a great place and the support you get when somethings wrong is amazing. Thanks everyone!!:love: :love:

Last edited:
Back