• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Pig Ranch

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Well I spent all day revamping an old hutch to try the pigs in. They cant use the ramp in the one they were living in and they've been in it a few weeks now so have had time to get use to it. I've been putting 2 in the bottom and 2 in the top and the next day they are still in the same pairs. They can climb the ramp but can't get on to the next level.

Last hutch (ramp problems)

Pighutch5ft.jpg

Before that I had them indoors for the winter but felt this cage was too small for 4 pigs

Pigcage2.jpg

And originally they lived in this which was kept inside a shed but I have no room for it in the shed anymore

Hutchsale2.jpg

So.... tonight (they spent all day running around in a large run on the lawn) I put them in the Pig Ranch

PigRanch1.jpg

PigRanch2.jpg

PigRanch3.jpg

PigRanch4.jpg

I feel it's a bit small again for 4 as it's only a 4ft hutch. It's fine while the weather is good as they spend most of the day on the grass but not so in the winter.

Rabswood

Thanks...if only it was a foot longer.
I just can't seem to get pig accomodation right.

Rabswood

Back