• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Convincing the OH...Rescue Bun

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
..Okay so i have 11 buns!!

I have two existing pairs - Tigs & Lindt and Lops & Bo - who live outside
I then have four buns newly bonded in my shed.. (was five had to remove one due to been bullied)
I have two bonded female GP's and two single male GP's (were bonded but separated due to fighting)
..I then have two house buns Oscar and Jasmine - currently been bonded...

Basically the bonding of the five meant everybody had a friend, however it hasnt worked and sadly Tommy (little dutch) has been removed from the group. Hes come off pretty badly, been bullied by a male..

So what im saying is im wanting to give Tommy time to recover from the past few days and then im wanting to get in touch with a rescue and try and find him his true love lol...I dont want him to be a lonely bun, not without giving him the chance. He was okay with the females in the group, just the one male did not like him!

The OH however does not agree and apparently NO MORE BUNS! HUMPHHHH:(

I usually manage to win him over, what you guys think?!

It's a touch one to call really.. if you're on your own and you can afford it then I'd go for it - but if my OH told me not to get another I'd probably listen - although it would probably make me want another one more if he said I couldn't :D (like a lil girl I am)

I know you're a fab bunny owner and you must love having so many too..

Ladies are good at manipulating though - I'd say something like "I love you very much and if you think I shouldn't get another, as much as I'd really love another, I won't"

Then the guilt motor may initiate in his brain :D

um well i gues si wonder if you got one who looked similar to another if you could pretend it was same bun? lol a bbit decietful tho i guess.... lol
otherwise i suppose its a case of maybe taking one of the grouop out to make a pairing? or possibly making the lonely bun to a house rabbit...11 is a lot...mind you im the one whos boyf only found out there was an additional bunny in the house as he heard the rattle!coming from under the stairs area(but that one is only a foster!!) lol

How about trying to turn the pairs into a trio :D

Oh i darent. The pairs still have there own issues. I cant accomodate for no more in the house. Tigger and Lindt and Lopsy and Bo i dont think would work, i did consider trying to bond them four, but darent.

um well i gues si wonder if you got one who looked similar to another if you could pretend it was same bun? lol a bbit decietful tho i guess.... lol
otherwise i suppose its a case of maybe taking one of the grouop out to make a pairing? or possibly making the lonely bun to a house rabbit...11 is a lot...mind you im the one whos boyf only found out there was an additional bunny in the house as he heard the rattle!coming from under the stairs area(but that one is only a foster!!) lol

Lol!!!!!!:lol:
He would know straight away if i got another bun. He helps out with the buns you see!

I dont really want to break the exisiting group......plus i think he would be more suited to a girl as it was the guys he had issues with. The four is now equal, 2males, 2females...

Oh i dont know lol!!!

xx

It's a touch one to call really.. if you're on your own and you can afford it then I'd go for it - but if my OH told me not to get another I'd probably listen - although it would probably make me want another one more if he said I couldn't :D (like a lil girl I am)

I know you're a fab bunny owner and you must love having so many too..

Ladies are good at manipulating though - I'd say something like "I love you very much and if you think I shouldn't get another, as much as I'd really love another, I won't"

Then the guilt motor may initiate in his brain :D

Lol!
Aw thanks!! Its so much easier now they are all bonded i must admit. I can sit and play and admire them instead of stressing about sorting them all out. lol.

I just dont like to see a bun on its own, so i guess i will have to try the guilt trip. I dont want to rush into it either. Going to allow Tommy time to recover. Then i need to sort accomodation out, and then i will get in touch with a rescue? Sound like a plan lol?!

xx

if you can afford another bun then i dont see why not!:D

tell your O/H he shouldnt be so mean!

:lol:

if you can afford another bun then i dont see why not!:D

tell your O/H he shouldnt be so mean!

:lol:

I guess things would be tight, but id make sure we would manage...lol.
I just dont want Tommy on his own, its not fair he deserves a chance to be paired up.

Toffee, my lionhead who is now within the group of 4, was with a Guniea Pig when i got him, i eventually separated and now seeing him with other rabbits is amazing. He was so shy and barely moved around before, now he runs about, binkying, grooming the others, he loves it.

I want Tommy to have that...

xx

If you've got time, money and space, I say go for it. A rabbit needs a bunnie friend and dutchies are so friendly. I bet Tommy would love to have a gentle lady. Give the poor wee man lots of attention, ignore O/H and look on RR.

I'm not a good influence am I:lol:

Back