• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dominant pair in a group?

gil

Mama Doe
in the process of bonding 5 bunnies and it appears that one of the existing pairs has become the 2 top buns! is this usual?

to test my theory out i brought in one of the other buns from another pair and the poor thing was practically lynched by this dominantpair. it seemed as if they are working together!!

the rest of the buns seem to be fine, lounging about, eating doing the usual rabbit things but it just seems that this pair are keeping them all in check and occassionally dispensing little grooms to the other 3!?

Flint is my Top Boy & Sugar is my Top Girl:D Flint will actually charge a newcomer, but Sugar is more spiteful & sneaky:shock::lol:

Flint is forever laid out in the big tray getting groomed by all the other girls (& Joey:?). When he's had enough, he has a shelf that only him & Rosie can go on, & they lay out together.

The other buns fit around Sugar & Flint. Kendra gets on brilliant with all & seems to be the only one I have never seen being "told off". If there's a "bun pile" she's always sitting on top:lol:

right.........that sounds interesting. in my lot it seems that Mischa and Lola are the dominating pair and the other 3 are being told off by them and sometimes staying out their way or pass each other.

i'm keeping them indoors probably till saturday before i go and re-arrange the outside run, but just keeping an eye on them meantime...........

cheers!

Back