• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Sheila - Bad News!! - U/D picture of cancer - post 28

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Sheila our 8 year old little girl that I got through Kayj has finally gone in to be speyed today

Sheila014x2.jpg

Hope she will be OK

Last edited:
OMG! Sheila has Uterine Cancer,:cry::cry: Paula has speyed her and hopefully removed everything but only time will tell:shock:

I really wish people would get them all neutered as babies:roll:

Oh no, poor Sheila. :( I really hope she pulls through ok and all the cancer has been removed. On a positive note, you might not have got her spayed, thinking she was too old and it would have been undetected, so I'm really hoping for Sheila (and you) you that it was found in time.

I'd say its almost 'normal' to find a UC in an unspayed older Doe. As you say, easily preventable by spaying them at 6 months of age.

I hope Sheila goes on to make a good recovery :)

Awww poor Shiela. So glad she as you to love and care for her. That really was a shock when you phoned me as she appears so healthy and lively.

Awwwww thats such ashame bless her but I suppose it is more or less inevitable - wishing her a speedy recovery from her op x

Awwwww thanks guys, I am going to fetch her at 4.30, I really hope she will be OK, you would never have thought it though because whe is so active, she is a lovely bunny and we love her so much.

Poor bun. We are hearing more & more about UC these days. Makes you wonder how many buns are affected & their people never realise:cry:

Hope Sheila recovers well:D

OMG what a shock.Im preying your vet has got all the cancer.Sending speedy recovery vibes for sheila

Have just fetched her home, she is very quiet, I have also got her uterus and will photograph it later........it's interesting:shock:

Back