• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weighing your buns...

Mazda

Warren Veteran
I just put pebble on the scales in her carrier and she weighed 2.8kg thats with the carrier tho :? But the scales wont pick up the wieght of the carrier on its own, so im gonna look on the web for it, last time she was weighed she weighed 2.14 kg, thats was at the vets, so without the carrier on the 9/6/08. and was told that she was a tad over weight, so could she really have lost that much in that space of time? i did cut down her pellets alot.

How much do you buns weigh? in not sure of the breed of pebble, i think she is a lion head cross. :? x

Well mine were all weighed at the vets yesterday and my lion head was 1.7kg but she looks smaller than pebbles. My dwarf lop (the one under my name) was 2.2kg, the rest of my breeds are bigger than pebbles. Sorry I can't say what pebbles should weigh around but I'm sure someone will be along to help soon.

hmm..apache is a lionhead cross and he's 2 and a bit kg :oops: but i guess it depends what they were crossed with. ;)

I weigh my buns without carriers but putting a lasagne dish on the scales, then turning them on, then popping the bun in the dish. :)

hm, yea i spose. :?
here is a pic of her in her carrier :love:
(could resist posting) :lol:
DSC00573.jpg

DSC00574.jpg

Mum would never put her in a lasange(sp) dish! :lol: x

ah fair enough :lol:

i just give it a rinse out afterwards and my housemates never know...ssshhh :)

could you put the carrier on, then turn the scales on, *then* put pebbbles in? that way it would only weigh her. good luck anyway, hope she hasn't lost too much weight :)

:shock: lol! your secret is safe with me! :) x

hmm, i tried that and it said 1.7kg! :? then error!! :? :? :?
But i will try again... and if it says error i will get he weighed next month when she has her VHD. :) x

Do you have any (still whole) bags of sugar in the kitchen ? You could put them on the scales at the same time as the carrier and then work out the weight of the carrier because the sugar says on the bag how much it weights :)

I weigh my two in a photo copier paper box, and turn the scales on after the box is on. My 2 lion heads are 1.65kg and about 1.95 kgs (he keeps erroring the scales as they only do 2kg)

Do you have any (still whole) bags of sugar in the kitchen ? You could put them on the scales at the same time as the carrier and then work out the weight of the carrier because the sugar says on the bag how much it weights :)

hmm, ill have a look :) and see. :) x

hmm..apache is a lionhead cross and he's 2 and a bit kg :oops: but i guess it depends what they were crossed with. ;)

I weigh my buns without carriers but putting a lasagne dish on the scales, then turning them on, then popping the bun in the dish. :)

Apache isn't overweight tho, hes fab. im so jealous of yoU!! as is nick!

i tried aagain!

right i tried again and this is what i got...

on the scales on her own she weighs 1.7 (which cant be right :? )
with the carrier on the scales but not registering on it she weighs 2.1
and with her and the carrier she weighs 2.9

argh im all confused!

Mopsy's weight always used to be so up and down. :roll:

What i did was get our bathroom scales. put the carrier on. Reset back to nought and then put mops in the carrier. That way i got her weight and not the carrier and her weight.

Bam is 6 months old and weighs 4.3kg, she is not fully grown yet though, but I don't know if her illness has made her loose any.

You could get a set of scales that fishermen use. They hang the fish up and scales is attached to a hook. If you could put your bun into a bag or a sling you might be able to weigh it that way.

Back