• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jacks booked it at the vets

Rose

Mama Doe
for tomorrow morning for his myxi vacs and his nails trimmed at 10:45.

Hopefully he will go in his carrier without a fuss. :?

A trick I learnt off my vet, for my buns and cats who are difficult to get in thier carriers, put them in bum first, then they cant see that thier actually going into the carrier. Worked for me :)
Luckily, only Ewok (cat) and Fletcher (Bun) are difficult to box, the rest of them go in without a problem

I'm going to try and get him in the carrier in his crate and then put the carriers together and kinda tip him in. :? that should be fun.

Will he hop in there if you put something yummy right at the back of the carrier?

It might be better this time because its a new carrier and he hasn't seen it, curiosity might get the better of him.

No, strangely enough he doesn't care about food :shock:

Strange bunny. :lol: Alfie would do anything for grub. :lol: Which isn't always a good thing, because he doesn't always let me put the food down but tries to jump out of the hutch to get it. :shock:

The bum first trick might just work though - that's how I put Alfie down on the floor, otherwise he just leaps out of my arms when he sees the ground approaching. :shock:

Ive just booked my kermit in to the vets tomorrow for the same thing :)
he is getting his at 11.10am

Then im going to talk about the VHD vaccination when im there, cos im going to ask for the vets to get lapinject for kermit instead of cylap

Jack gets really annoyed if i put veg on top of his pellets though. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I can just imagine Jack thumping his feet and saying "The pellets are supposed to go on top don't you know!"

My mum is going halves on this vet visit, Thank god pay day is in time for his VHD. Thank god i almost had a heart attack.

It took me a couple if minutes to get him in the carrier although he did grunt at me and had a go at molly through the bars of her cage. :roll:

I hope jack behaves him self, we are going to a different vets so he needs to be good. *fingers crossed*

Jack was so behaved but very scared his little heart was going fast. The vet said that his teeth were fine and she asked about what he's eating etc and she said that was perfect. She did his nails (for free :D) he was very good when she did his vaccine and nails. Hes is due back on the 3rd for his vhd. Then its Molly's turn to have her vaccines the week after.

Back