• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BONDING! advice needed!!!

hardybaby

Warren Scout
HI! ... i have 2 boys and 2 girls.....around 4 month but one at 10 weeks.... they are all in seperate cages at the minute...... obviously i am not going to bond yet as they need to be neutered and they arnt old enough yet but will be soon......

how shall i bond them as a foursome??? do i bond 2 at once then bond them in their pairs or do i bond them all as a foursome???? wer do i do it????

we are getting a shed you see so they will all be in there together and i just dont know the best way to bond these rabbits

any help welcome thankyou very muuuuuuuuuch

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Put them all in together so that 2 cant establish more of a dominance than the other 2. Have a water spray to hand and also a towel/pair of gloves incase they do fight and you need to split them up :) Make sure they are in a run or a room which is neutral territory to them :)

thats what i thought!! thanks!!! well the new shed would be new to them...or should i do it in the bathroom or something?? i wish theyd grow older quick so they can be done lol coz its holding up the process lol

anyone know how long it would take?? and wht to do if one rabbit is spoiling it for the rest?

thats what i thought!! thanks!!! well the new shed would be new to them...or should i do it in the bathroom or something?? i wish theyd grow older quick so they can be done lol coz its holding up the process lol

anyone know how long it would take?? and wht to do if one rabbit is spoiling it for the rest?

It's best if they are left in the neutral territory, so shed would be good. You would need to stay with them a while & then be able to check every hour or so until you are confident it's going ok.

If one bun really doesn't get on (serious injury/locking on during a fight etc), you could always leave it a couple of months & then retry (I have successfully bonded after an initial fail - but there were no injuries either time), or you might have to reconsider & have 2 pairs or something:D Leave it long enough for hormones to have died down after neuters:D

okey thanks sounds good to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which is cheapest vet to get them done at? the one in wath or the other??? and do boys have to be 4 months?xx

Back