• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Annie covered in wee/poo etc, any ideas?

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Ok im very confused. For a while now Annie's back legs have been covered in wee and poo and just look very dirty, they also keep getting matted. When she was at the vet about 3 weeks ago i asked the vet to check her over and she was fine in everyway. So the vet wasnt sure why she was so messy. Tonight i went to feed rabbits and she didnt run to food bowl but she streched like she was just woken up so i got her and she was really dirty, i have brought her in washed her legs and cut all the hair/matts out of her, her skin is fine, a couple of tiny bits of rednes but prob just cause the matted parts. It was a bit wet today but its normally always dry, it has been raining loads so thats prob why she was wet. I dont understand why she sis getting sooo dirty, her and Benji are the messiest rabbits and wee and poo EVERYWHERE!! they need cleaned out at least once a day if not more, do i dont know if its just her running through the litter trays and box's etc.

Anyone have any advice? was going to see how it was over next couple of days then if its still bad take her to the vet. Shes active in everyway and binkyies around like a dafty!!
xx

Is she moving around OK? No hind leg weakness? Is she overweight?

I'm not really well versed in urine infections but that may be worth an investigation.

Hope things get better soon.

FC xx

If she is incontinent it could be e-cuniculi - I had a bun with those sort of symptoms. :(He was fine otherwise but did get thinner and thinnner in the end. Sounds like she needs a few tests.

Back