• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding 5!!

gil

Mama Doe
my post yesterday indicated my dilemma re my single girl so last night decided to try and bond all the girls together...........took the single bun plus 1 rabbit from each of the pairs and put these 3 together and lo and behold there were no problems (we used the bathroom as the neutral space) the bun i thought would give problems spent most of the time grooming the single bun while the other bun sat in a corner and watched everything.

this morning tried the single bun with the other 2 from the pairs and again there were no real problems so this afternoon put the 5 together to see what would happen. 1 existing pair seemed to to sit in a corner and watch the proceedings while the other 3 mixed. there were the odd scrap and a bit of fur pulling but from what i can see it is the single bun that is trying to be the dominant one as she is trying to do all the mounting. however there have been moments when she has been lying next to the other bun and they all seem relaxed.

the intention is to try and get these 5 buns bonded by the weekend but if anyone has any experience of group bonding and can supply further tips, that would be very helpful!

thanks

Wow. Go you!

I have a recently bonded quad, and that went fairly smoothly. My best advice is probably something you have already heard, but just one car journey and they were all grooming each other and it was marvellous.

The rabbits were too big to use a carry case so we got a massive box and it was a bit of a trial to get them all in there, but it went really smoothly.

I hope yours goes smoothly too.

cheers, yes will be having a drink but probably a hot toddie as i'm currently off with flu! and i also have the car trip up my sleeve as i have the old indoor cage that would fit all 5 in!

glad to know that it can go smoothly........after reading some of the stories on here i was a bit wary but so far so good..............

will keep posting............

thanks!

Drink wine, sit back & try not to get too stressed:lol:

Certainly agree with this one!!!! :D :lol::lol::lol: Good luck with it, hope it all works out. A few weeks ago, I thought it might be a good idea to try & bond a group of 3 with a group of 4 :shock: Well needless to say it didn't work & poor Harry, one of the males in the 3 group got one of his ears bitten half off :shock::shock::shock: Poor little mite, has really hated me ever since! :cry: Anyway I gave up & decided to keep 2 separate groups, but then again, maybe I was pushing my luck!!

now have progressed to the kitchen from the bathroom, as a neutral space, (and nearer to the wine of course! :))

still having the odd scrap between 2 in particular but the rest seem quite relaxed and there has been the occassional bit of grooming........

it seems as if the 2 that keep scrapping can get their issues sorted out then this will help the process but it seems to be a waiting game?

I also did a five which began on Tuesday..I gathered mine together and put them in the shed....keeping a close eye on them things went great.

Two days down the line i have had to remove one male who was been bullied and which now explains whos all the fur was. He has come off pretty badly so id advise keeping a close eye on them!

All the best...xx

thanks! so far things going well............my only concern is that the single bunny is not integrating as well as the established 2 pairs! however at one point this evening they all huddled together and things were fine until the single bun decided to do some humping!!

just trying to decide what to do tonight-sleep downstairs or bring them all up to the bedroom in the cage!!

Back