• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold Bunnies?!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
My furry binksters live in a bunny mansion (aka shed!) in the garden. They are only 6 months old I'm worried that they will get too cold through the winter? I've insulated the walls and ceilings but it still seems too cold for such little things! I've put a furry basket and blanket on their favourite shelf but now they won't lie on it? I've also ordered a microwaveable heat pad! The girls are a bit ditsy so Im wondering if buns have the sense to seek out a warm spot if they get cold?

You'd hope that they would but every winter I give by buns pro-fleece, masses of hay to snuggle into, snugglesafes, the works, yet they choose to sit out in their runs freezing their bits off:lol:

I think if your buns have a partner, that is a ready made hot water bottle!

Some winters my buns ears have been freezing, but still they seem to choose to sit exposed rather than snuggled.

Guess they must know their own mind:roll:

Back