• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To trim or not to trim

Rose

Mama Doe
Jacks Claws REALLY need cutting, i could either do it now on my own or i was going to wait till the weekend for my mum to help me. Its my first time doing it but i feel mean because they are really long. :?

I'd wait for your mum to help you for your first time. I can just about manage to do them one handed (I thought) then chloe came round and pointed out that I'd missed one :shock: and proceeded to become a nail clipping queen and re-do all the buns I'd done the week before :D:D:D Just goes to show that sometimes 2 are better than 1.

Ill wait till friday, i just feel mean everytime i go to see the bun because of Jacks claws.

It'll be much easier when there's two of you... I often try and clip my buns claws on my own and it's a nightmare, stressful for both me and them! At least with your mum there one of you can hold Jack securely whilst the other clips :D Friday isn't too long to wait :D

I bottled out completely last time my two needed doing and took them to the vet to have them done. My usual vet took one look and said that Frankie's claws weren't long enough to need doing, 'for two reasons'. When I asked why he said 'because they aren't anywhere near the fur line on his feet and secondly, because they're black and I hate trimming black claws' :lol:

I'm going to ask the vet to do molly's when she gets spayed, hers arnt really long but really really sharp. My mums got 7 huge scratches on her chest becuase of molly and there was A LOT of blood. :shock:

Back