• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rowan Rat's new cage

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
Rowan had been in a zoozone 2 in case she popped a litter out, but seeing as though that's not happening now I moved her into her new cage - she is enjoying having the hammocks, but hasn't quite made it to the top yet :lol:
cage003.jpg

The cage is a ferplast cockatiel cage, which I've just dressed with odds and ends for now - I'll go out and get her some more interesting beds/hammocks and ropes when i get paid at the end of the month :roll::lol:
total cost, including cage - £4.99 :shock::D

That is a V cool cage, she must be really happy with it:D!! What a bargain too! How did you attach the card tubes to the side? My degu's would like that!

I love the idea of using a bird cage for rats they are much better than some of those aimed at rats. How far apart are the bar spacing? I have a empty parrot cage at the mo.....

Losing the plot we done a similar thing with cardboard tubes we used cable ties to attach ours to the cage, can't tell what CottonMather used though she'll have to give up her secret.

I used cable ties too :lol: I'll have to keep an eye on them for chewing though - I guess wire would be more secure if she does decide to nibble them :)
Bar spacing is around 2cm, and she hasn't managed to squeeze through yet :thumb:

Our cable tied on tubes actually lasted quite well I had thought they wouldn't last a week. Think they give in just as they were really past their best if you know what I mean.

Just remembered we have a bar missing on the door to the parrot cage :roll: damm there goes my vision of a big colony of rats, just have to stick to my Leroy and Sid.

Our cable tied on tubes actually lasted quite well I had thought they wouldn't last a week. Think they give in just as they were really past their best if you know what I mean.

Just remembered we have a bar missing on the door to the parrot cage :roll: damm there goes my vision of a big colony of rats, just have to stick to my Leroy and Sid.

this one had a whole door missing :shock: I just meshed it over with weld mesh... :D

this one had a whole door missing :shock: I just meshed it over with weld mesh... :D

I've been looking hard and I can just about see it, does it have any other doors? Our parrot cage only has one and the top opens and has a sliding tray. I'm in half a mind whether to show the other half, he'd be dreaming of alsorts then, degu's, chipmunks robably even a chincilla. I keep saying we should move out to the shed, it will have more room! :lol:

Where did you get it?
ive been looking on you tube and seen this cage, and thought wow!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAm0aRlNeA0
Its a book case. :D x

I got it from ebay - it was listed as 'brids cage', so must've been missed when people did a search:D I got it for the starting price of £4.99 and the pick up was on my way to work anyway :thumb:
That's a cool cage on youtube - I modified a dog crate for my boys - rat cages are great fun :lol:

I've been looking hard and I can just about see it, does it have any other doors? Our parrot cage only has one and the top opens and has a sliding tray. I'm in half a mind whether to show the other half, he'd be dreaming of alsorts then, degu's, chipmunks robably even a chincilla. I keep saying we should move out to the shed, it will have more room! :lol:

It's just a small side door that's - it still opens at the top, and a large door at the front, also has a sliding tray :D

re. your parrot cage: I say go for it! :lol:

I got it from ebay - it was listed as 'brids cage', so must've been missed when people did a search:D I got it for the starting price of £4.99 and the pick up was on my way to work anyway :thumb:
That's a cool cage on youtube - I modified a dog crate for my boys - rat cages are great fun :lol:

Cool. :D
awh wow! :love: thats cool!
Yea they do sound fun :) :) x

Ohh faye that cage is great!! Bless its like a palace for her :love: Is she having some new friends to house share with? :D

Back