• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella had her nails clipped today...

Don't think bad of me please as I got it sorted out now. Out of all 4 paws, Bella only had 2 nails that were curling over. They have been clipped now so next time I'm going to get them done earlier. Everything was fine except when the vet woman was clipping the overgrowing ones as that made Bella uncompfortable. They have gone now. Other than that, Bella is a very healthy bunny :)

Diana xx

I always get the vet to do Inky's claws (and usually Smokey if they need doing and she's having a vaccination), since he broke a toe last year.

He has black claws and I dare not do them myself.

My vet normally does my bunnies when i take them for their injections.I forget to ask him this time to do them:roll:
I do my piggies so i may have a go at doing them myself.

Yeah, Bella has black nails too and I wouldn't trust myself clipping them :oops:

Marsha and Bailey have black nails, i just use a torch behind the nail.

im lucky as nine times out of ten nick does thier nails.

i end up having to do the wrigglers Casper and Alyssa.

I really need to do jacks this weekend and i'm dreading it although his claws are clear.

Ive just clipped Austins for the first time as Ive only had him a few weeks, he has black nails too. Only managed to do the front though as he was getting a bit wriggly so will attempt the back ones tomorrow! Ive only clipped the very ends as its my first time and I was a little nervous so im sure Austin picked up on it! They look a lot better for it though!

i dont know how but with four bunnies, who i clip their nails every 3months...i have never cut one :shock: :lol:

Fidget is black and does not like to sit still so clipping her nails is a bit of a nightmare. I've never cut the quick though, and I try and do it while she's off guard... she'll be sat being fussed by my friend and I'll quickly do a foot while she's distracted :lol::lol:.

Back