• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help for Natsanth please

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Natsanth is having problems with her tinterweb, but she is currently bonding her two giants Oscar and Jane from bunnyrun.

Jane is constantly chasing Oscar who is clearly quite scared.

They have been together 10 hours or so, and still no improvement.

Nat is worried and has asked me to get some advice for her so please can anyone help?
xxx:wave:

Bunny bonding wuss here :rolleyes:

How big an area are they being bonded in and are there any other Buns within sight or smell ?

oh bless her!

Jane did seem a bit feisty when she stayed with me, but hopefully it will calm down.

how big is the area she is bonding them in?
Is there fur flying?

what is okay:
Fur pulling
chasing
bum nipping

whats not okay:
circling each other
locked on fighting!
humping via the face!(may bite each others bits!)

if shes really worried she can give me a ring if she wants

is there a little hut/cardboard box Oscar can hide in if he gets too scared. When I was bonding I put the radio on, which i reckon helped :D

Im not sure how big the area is, it was bigger but its smaller now.

i don't think there are any other buns as nats are outdoor.

lots of chasing, and fur pulling.

no bad behaviour but nats concerned Osc is scared.

As long as there is no really nasty aggression as in torn noses,ears and bite wounds I would tell your friend to keep being vigilant and I'm sure they will be friends soon.Sending loving vibes:love::love::love::love:

Im not sure how big the area is, it was bigger but its smaller now.

i don't think there are any other buns as nats are outdoor.

lots of chasing, and fur pulling.

no bad behaviour but nats concerned Osc is scared.

when i bonded treacle and cookie a year ago he chased for 3 days straight!!! everytime he went near he she ran away, and he just kept on chasing and pulling her fur. but thats okay x

Firstly thanks to Sarah for posting for me.
Finally got internet to work!

I started bonding Oscar and Jasmine yesterday evening, all hell broke lose. Jasmine was awful with him, circling, going for his neck, not letting him eat or move etc etc. Armed with my water spray and been extermely tired (got back from holiday yest) things got worse and Oscar kept clearing the area (puppy pen). I was woken by an awful "scream" if you call it that and a rather scared Oscar. So i decided enough was enough for tonight and separated them, right or wrong thing i dont know. There was lots of fur pulling and constant chasing.

So anyways this morning, i put them together again, a fair bit of chasing and fur pulling, but not as bad as yesterday, so proceeded. Each time Jasmine moved, Oscar stomped his feet, made a strange noise and ran around the pen like a mad head. This happened pretty much all day so decided to put them in carrier and go for a drive, this went well and they laid next to each other. Got them home, back in pen, things slightly better.

I have made the area smaller, which seems to of helped. Oscar still wary of Jasmine. She keeps going up to him acting interested but i think she scared him so he stomps, runs away and they end up chasing. The fur pulling has reduced and i have seen Oscar lay down (FINALLY) and Jasmine eat next to him and same the other way. Jasmine is now relaxed, its just Oscar he needs to realise she isnt hurting him.

He looks so miserable. And is constantly stamping his feet and making noises.

He just sits at the bars looking up. I have had to put a sheet on top so he cant jump out.

Both are eating well and drinking, pooing etc etc.

Is it a case of carry on, keeping a close eye on them?

Advice is greatly welcome, what a stressful day...

Oh on the other hand the bonding of my 5some has gone exteremly well........:D

id persevere with them now things are calming down abit is a good sign, also if both bunnies are eating thats good, id just keep a very close eye on them good luck:D:D:D::D
can you pm me your address again for vacc certificate, i wiped all my pm,s by mistake:roll::roll:

Thanks Caroline.
Jasmine went back to vets last week with the OH who gave her the all clear and she has now had her VHD.

She is a fiesty madam, hopefully, things are starting to get better.
She is flopped out and he is sat within a reasonable distance (doesnt have much choice lol)..

xx

Back