• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to stop the chewing?

Bunny_mad

Alpha Buck
I have a Dutch called bumble and she lives indoors in a nice big run. She has plenty of toys and nice things to chew but insists on chewing the wood of her run. How can I stop her doing this as she is destroying the cage. I just don't understand. She has lots of things to keep her busy. Could she be lonely. We have a nethie that is due to be neutured soon and we will attempt bonding. Do you think this will help.

Any advice is much appreciated. As the bunny room is also my study it drives me cazy!!!

id say, your bunny is just being a bunny. I was gunna get some metal strips to put on the edges where my buns bite thier shed but decided against it. I guess youll just have to try and provide some tasty alternatives, u can get some funky wooden toys etc. Try putting things near where they chew so they cant get to it

I have a Dutch called bumble and she lives indoors in a nice big run. She has plenty of toys and nice things to chew but insists on chewing the wood of her run. How can I stop her doing this as she is destroying the cage. I just don't understand. She has lots of things to keep her busy. Could she be lonely. We have a nethie that is due to be neutured soon and we will attempt bonding. Do you think this will help.

Any advice is much appreciated. As the bunny room is also my study it drives me cazy!!!

Rub a block of plain ivory soap all round the woodwork.....doesn't taste very pleasant!

Back