• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how easy is it for a rabbit to change name?

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
How easy is it to get a rescue rabbit used to a new name?

Charlie sometimes comes to his name, but I wonder if it is a fluke and that he doen't know it really.

I don't know his name from before he came to me.

Personally I don't think they actually understand names but they may understand the tone of your voice. So far mine only really respond to a clicking sound, which means treat time. Just my opinion :p

The only rabbit I've ever known who knew his name was my Rufus..he was as thick as a plank in every other way but did respond to his name.
no sign of any other bun ever recognising it..
We change most of the Honeybunnies names as we don't use ref numbers..so need a different name for every animal..they sometimes get changed again on rehoming..but they never mind!:D

Mine all respond to their individual names rather than all responding to anything I say in a certain tone of voice :)

And none of them ignored me last week when I had a sore throat and pretty much lost my voice, they all still responded and im pretty sure I sounded different to usual x

Smirnoff thinks he's called "NO!":lol:

:lol::lol:

i do belive they do used to a new name, but as some said its tone and volume, i greet my buns with a silly high pitch tone and most come running,
and dinner well the smell must work on that one, biggles understands NO and BED, but runs and hides for both :lol:

Boris doesn't respond to the name itself but to the tone of my voice. He usually does a binky and comes running lol so cute :love:

Three of mine do. Pebbles doesnt she just ignores me! and i know the others do bcus i can be at the door to their outhouse and call a specific bun and that bun will run to the door!

not sure!

lolly seems to understand 'breakfast' and 'dinner' he dosn't recognise 'no' so i doubt very much he knows who the hec lolly is, makes me wonder if i should call my next bun Isambard?

I don't think they know their names, but then they get called various different pet names. Cadbury understands "Oi! No!", then turns round and looks at you with his little innocent face :lol:

Back