• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Setting out shortly..

capel

Warren Veteran
to pick up Milly and her owner to take her to my vet. I should be home around 12 so will update then. Meanwhile...some vibes for her poorly foot would be welcome:)

Hi Hilda.Sending mega vibes foe Milly's paw.If the vet thinks Its an abscess may be Its worth asking him to change her abx to ceporex as It has better tissue penetration than Baytril

Sorry I've taken so long with this update, but this is the first chance I've had to get back on here. Milly was kept in for an examination etc under GA. It turns out that she has not one, but TWO abcesses! The enormous one on the foot that was swollen and a smaller, harder, one on the other foot. She's had both drained and cleaned and is to go back next week for a check by which time the results should be back from the lab. Meanwhile she's continue with the baytril and metacam. They took x rays and found that she also has some arthritis present on her legs. She came round very quickly and easily from the GA and was eating and drinking before we picked her up. She's gone home with her owner. Maybe it's as well that she didn't let us have her as the bill was £360...:(

Crumbs! Glad she came round OK and it's a credit to you that she has got her poor feet sorted.

For the arthritis, it may be worth getting her owner to buy some animal safe glucosamine (I think the company is called Cures), it's about £20 a tub but it'll probably last about 2 years because you anly need a tiny pinch.

Have you heard anything from Millie's owner about the results from the swabs taken from the abscesses?

Back