• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big and Beige UPDATE 26/09

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
The babies are going to be spayed/neutered tomorrow they will be 20 weeks old. I have a very good vet and the babies are in good health so hopefully by this time tomorrow they will be recovering well in their cages in the rabbit room.

Please think of them.

Rabswood

Last edited:
I hope you will be able to persuade them to do an interview when they are feeling up to it.

:wave: Good luck with the new turds and spade guys, I'll be thinking about you all day

Vibes for darling Dilly and Saffs! Hope they got those new turds and spade that they've been promised! :love::love::love:

The babies have had their ops and all has gone well and apparently they are looking bright eyed (I don't know about the bushy tail lol)

They will be home by 7.00pm so I'll update later.

Rabswood

Big and Beige are back home.

Beige is fine, he has been flirting with the vet nurses who wanted to keep him but the Mommy said Nooooooooooooooo.
He is eating and pooing fine. When I last checked he was layed out on his towel taking it easy. He seems fine.

Big. There was a sloppy poo in her carrier when I brought her back from the vets but she isn't eating her SS, hay, apple, broccholi or carrot. I'm going to give them both warm oats for super, hope this tempts her. Feeling a bit worried. It's back to the vets tomorrow morning for a gut stimulant and another long lasting pain killer if not. Poor little baby.

Both babies are in the rabbit room with a low night light on.

Rabswood

Saffron is doing fine and is quite spritley although his little peanuts look swollen but he is doing well. He enjoyed his oats last night.

Dhillon didn't want her oats. I was starting to really worry then I had a brian wave. What did the babies love most in the world... MILK.
So I mixed some orphan milk in a small bowl for her, as a bigger bunny she has lapped it out of a bowl... but not this time sadly. I couldn't go to bed and leave her not eating so I put a teat on a syringe, left her sitting in her cage but syringe fed her some milk, once the teat was in her mouth she did suck enthusiastically. I t was good to know she at least had something in her tummy.

She was bright eyed this morning but still hadn't touched any of the food left for her last night although I did get her to nibble some fresh carrot and she had poo'd.

I'm going to pick some grass and dandelion leaves from my neighbours garden now so hopefully she will tuck in. I haven't checked her wound yet as I want to get her eating first before I disturb her. Things are looking up.

Rabswood

Last edited:
2.45pm Tried tempting Big with Danelion leaves gave her a big pile. She ate one and that was it! So have syringe fed her some more orphan milk. Have checked her wound it looks fine.

Saffron didn't want any milk he said ''no I am a big boy now not a baby'' he ate a huge pile of Dandelions.

Rabs

Saffron is fine, eating everthing, bouncing around, leaving his stitches alone. He is a little champ. He is desperate to go outside and play.

Dhillon still only picking at food but pooing OK. I have syringe fed her orphane milk again this morning. Her wound is fine and she is leaving it alone.

They are having their stitches out tomorrow morning so I am hoping she will pick up after that. Saff is also having his VHD jab. I will then let Saffon outside for 1/2 play tomorrow after his stitches have been removed and Dhillon on Saturday, want to take it little slower with her.

Bless my babies they have been so brave.

Rabswood

The babies had their post op check up yesterday. Stitches are disolving apparently. Beige (Saffron) is fine and played out in the garden for a couple of hours on his return home.

Big (Dhillon) I feel is still a little depressed and although she is weeing and pooing her appetite is poor and she's just nibbling stuff rather than tucking in like she use to. Vet gave her an anti-biotic jab and a metacam jab for pain relief and has given me liquid metacam for Big to have 3 drops a day starting today. I am going to syringe it to her in warm water. Big also played out last night in the run for a couple of hours and has brightend up a little. The vet said if she would like to see her next week.

Rabswood

Back