• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes needed! u/d Hedgehog is home

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Three neutered tomorrow: Hedgehog, Jack and Dorset George. Anyone got any vibes to spare?

Last edited:
Lots of vibes coming your way, hope they all get on ok xXx Ronnie was neutered today, hes only just coming round now, just got him some grass from the garden to try and get him to eat :)

Let us know how they all get on, will be thinking of them xXx

Thank you for the vibes :)

Dorset George is fine. Jack is home but very swollen and I have to take him in tomorrow if he's worse.

Poor little Hedgehog has been kept in overnight though - the wound was swollen and oozing. Does anyone know how common this is? Is it ever fatal? Fingers crossed for this lovely bun :(

oo dear! im sure he will be okay its just to be on safe side!

hope they r all feeling better soon

Hope they are ok :( i dont have any experience so hopefully somebody who knows will come along soon :) sending lots of vibes xx

Is Hedgehog a boy? Our Errol had a very swollen testicle after his op and he was on Baytril and metacam for 5days after and he was right as rain after a couple of days :D

Thanks for all the vibes...

We saw Jane...

Jack hopping around utility room today and eating everything in sight :)

Will post when I get news on Hedgehog but hopefully it will just be meds for a few days. He's on antibiotics and I think pain relief too...

Last edited:
I've just arrived home with Hedgehog then chased the rest of the buns round the garden in the dark til they were all in. Luckily they were hungry enough by then not to need much chivvying! I got some cross looks though - two hours late with their tea so I'm in trouble...

He's still swollen but less so apparently and he's on baytril for the next week. He's been eating at the vets and is currently clattering round the kitchen in his plastic collar, helping Jack to throw food around/tip the water bowl over etc so I guess they're both on the mend...

Will update if there's any change. Poor little Hedgehog; he wants the collar off!

I've just arrived home with Hedgehog then chased the rest of the buns round the garden in the dark til they were all in. Luckily they were hungry enough by then not to need much chivvying! I got some cross looks though - two hours late with their tea so I'm in trouble...

He's still swollen but less so apparently and he's on baytril for the next week. He's been eating at the vets and is currently clattering round the kitchen in his plastic collar, helping Jack to throw food around/tip the water bowl over etc so I guess they're both on the mend...

Will update if there's any change. Poor little Hedgehog; he wants the collar off!

Aww poor baby.
Jon currently has a buster collar, as he pulled all his stitches out at the vet :roll:

Im sorry Nicky Ive only just caught up with this thread.sending loads of healing vibes Jack and Hedgehogs way:love::love:

:) Both running round/stuffing themselves this morning but still look sore underneath....will keep a close eye on them but hopefully it's just a matter of time...thanks for all the vibes :)

Back