• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do buns miss their owners when they go on holiday??

MarleyMoo

Alpha Buck
I went on my honeymoon for 2 weeks and left Marlon with my mum, who loves him as much as I do. He's always been a grumpster and was a little terror with my mum, lunging at her and he bit her a couple of times.:shock: I warned her he could be like that so she wasn't surprised! :oops: He was well cared for and my mum had him out all the time and groomed him etc.

The thing is, since I've got back he has turned into the sweetest little bun :love: - I just don't get it!! I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm soooo happy, just what happened?!?

He's so playful and much happier than before I went away. If it wasn't for the fact that he's got such distinctive markings I'd say my mum swapped him! :lol:

Any ideas?!

Vic x

Poppy has a habit of stopping eating when we go away...it is so worrying, she will eat again after 8hrs or so but scares who ever is looking after her. We are going to Canada for two weeks in October...I am dreading it :shock:

I liked to think Mops missed me - but she had no choice but to get a massive hug when i saw her :lol: :lol: :lol: Whether she liked it or not :lol:

When i went away for two weeks last year my parents looked after the buns. They trashed their hutch every night and Flopsy wouldn't let anyone near her.
When i got back, no more trashing things they were fine :)

Poppy has a habit of stopping eating when we go away...it is so worrying, she will eat again after 8hrs or so but scares who ever is looking after her. We are going to Canada for two weeks in October...I am dreading it :shock:

Aww, our old dog used to do that if we put him in the kennels for more than a week. I suppose as long as those looking after her know it's what she normally does when you go away then they know just to keep a close eye on her. (and maybe tempt her with tasty treats?!)

I suppose they do miss us in their own way. It's like Marlon's been to bunny rehab! :lol:

:lol: I went away for a week in May and my brother said when he went to feed Buu she lunged and grunted at him every single time :lol: I can mess about in her hutch as long as I like and she doesnt mind :love: I also demonstrated how to call her in and out of her hutch/run and the house and she was such a good girl when I showed him, but do you think she listened to a word he said when it came to getting her back in the hutch while I was gone :lol:

When I got back I was like look this is how you do it and I called her in and she came running to get back in :love: He was like thats exactly what I was doing :lol: Beau, Trip and Scarlett didnt seem to notice I was gone though :shock: :lol: x

Aww, our old dog used to do that if we put him in the kennels for more than a week. I suppose as long as those looking after her know it's what she normally does when you go away then they know just to keep a close eye on her. (and maybe tempt her with tasty treats?!)

I suppose they do miss us in their own way. It's like Marlon's been to bunny rehab! :lol:

It is very hard to explain to my mum and dad (who usually look after then) the difference between a sulky bunny not wanting to eat and an ill bunny not wanting to eat :roll: I always tell them to take her to the vets if they are unsure or if she isn't eating the next morning

I think Eclipse did, as when I was away he was nik named the 'savage beast' :lol: but when I got home he stopped doing his usual growling and lungeing and was a diff bun....:shock: Now he is sometimes nasty and sometimes nice :) Jazz and Gizmo just get excited because they know they get spoilt when I get home :lol:

Well, I think my mum'll be pleased that it wasn't because Marlon didn't like her - just the fact that he missed me! :lol::love: Aww!

Vic x

When i only had Star, i went away for a week and the neighbours came in 2/3 times a day, when i got back, i got told she was a nightmare!! she growled/lunged/grunted and run over to her teenage daughter and started tugging at the bottom of her jeans :shock::shock:
They never came in the garden again!

when i go over my mates for a night and mum feeds pebble she destoys teh hutch and lunges at her, worse than she does with me. :shock: Pooor mum! :lol:

Back