• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are girls generaly messier?

Hopper

Mama Doe
Ive never had a girl bun before so dreama is my 1st. She is incredibly messy, not litter training one bit, with in a day her cage reeks. tried vet bed which helped alot and cleaned her cage tonight but jeesh, the vet was soaked rigt through :shock: And once lifted out stunk to high heaven. I pick about 100 poos up a day and put them in her litter tray but she wont use it at all :roll: Im sure its a hay bowl to her lol. Ive never known this with my rabbits before. Past have been boys and Oliver and Simba now are perfectly litter trained.

So is this a girl thing or just one lazy messy bunny? :roll::lol:

from my experience it's completely down to the bun in question - I've got messy boys and messy girls :lol: some of them litter train perfectly and the others are lost causes :roll:

Daisy and maisy are half litter trained they wee in it and poo but still get poo's all over the hutch aswell, Roger he's not litter train he goes where he is :roll::lol: harley is litter trained but hasn't got a tray at the moment and milly and spot are not litter trained as no matter where i put he tray they just go somewhere else :roll:

I have a male and female. The male was with me first and he is such a clean little chap. When I would open the hutch in the morning, the hutch would be clean as in no poos or pee anywhere. He would only poo outside.

Then we got Gloria. She pees and poos in the bed! Now Wolfie does too! In my experience, the girls are messier.

But human teenage boys are the worst!!! :lol::lol:

hey!!!!! :shock::lol:

Sorry but it's true!!! I have two of them and they are the pits.

However, my current cunning plan - and there have been many - is to offer them a maid service for the princely sum of £2.50. If they decide not to take up my kind offer, they must do their own room by Sunday, or the maid just does it and deducts her fee!!! Evil eh mwhahahahahahah

Sorry but it's true!!! I have two of them and they are the pits.

However, my current cunning plan - and there have been many - is to offer them a maid service for the princely sum of £2.50. If they decide not to take up my kind offer, they must do their own room by Sunday, or the maid just does it and deducts her fee!!! Evil eh mwhahahahahahah

Or stick a litter tray in corner of room and try and train them :lol::lol:

So really then, My Dreama is a lazy madam. I cant beleive how messy and smelly she gets :shock: In my bedroom I have 14 rats, 2 rabbits and 10 mice. My room stinks bad in a day and its dreamas cage :shock: the rest put together cant out stink her :lol: Its the wee wee smell, I mean she wees on her ledge aswell and it trickles down. You can leave the litter tray in a whole week and then clean it, its perfectly clean, not a dribble of wee or a poo as she kicks back out the poos I put in :roll::lol:

Simbas cage is spotless, well wee and poo wise, he does love ram sacking the rest :lol: and olivers is always immaculate, but i consider myself blessed there and lucky lol. Only time he gets poo on fleece is when he jumps out litter tray and some flick or get kicked out lol.

Even on freerange, the boys wont mess unless I put litter tray out, they will hold it, but dreama, nooo ignore litter tray, and pee and poop on mummys floors :lol:

Iccle madam, caught her running off with a strip of wallpaper she tore off wall today, was funny as it was a massive peice and she kept tripping over it :lol:

Is she spayed? That often helps to calm their territorial marking down and improves their litter training.

was thinking that exact same thing

regarding if she is speyed then have you put a litter tray in area she wees in? my buns prefer to use an enclosed area(they must think its more private! lol so may be putting wood/cardboard(not sure if indoors or outdoors) around the area would help?x

No she isnt spayed yet, not old enough. Putting litter tray where she wees, well she literaly wees on every inch of her cage!!

Hopefuly then when she is old enough to be spayed she will litter train better?

My boys arent nuetered yet, (booked in on 30th)but they are marking or anything.

Back