• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! U/D been to vets!!

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
I think Holli is in GI-statis! I cant even take her to the vets because the money i keep behind for the vets, was spent on having to treat them all for fleas and paying for Fletchers injection
Shes lethargic, wont eat and wont drink, She just dosent seem bothered with herself.
Please help. What can I do to get her going again?

Last edited:
Can you perhaps ring your vets and explain you don't have the money, you may be able to pay them in installments?

Can you wrap her in something to get her warm? I would probably give your vet a call and see if they can help you though, as she could do with a gut starter and some painkiller.

Sending vibes.

ive got her wrapped in a towel and cuddled in 2 me to keep her warm. I dont think my vets let you pay in installments and i dont no anyone who can lend me the money apart from my sister. im so worried, i feel sick, i know i sound like a bad bunny owner, but i literally did spend the money i keep for the vets, on treatment already. What should her tummy feel like?

If your vets wont, one of the local ones will, just try ringing them and see how you go, the worse they can say is no or better still go down there, let them treat her, come to pay and claim to of forgot your purse then they will have to let you pay next week. Other than that, try your local RSPCA, they help if you're stuck with vet bills also the pdsa. Do you have any infacol you could give her?

I got up late this morning, and she didnt even jump up for her food, which aint like her at all.
She made no resistance when i picked her up, and usally shell run away from me to the other end of the cage (she always done this, bit like a game between us)
I thought a run about in the run with the other bunnies would help get her going, but i put her in and she just lay straight down, she dosent wanna move about or really do anything, and shes usally so active.
I know something isnt right and my gut feeling is telling me GI-statis.
Edit: I have no infacol or anything. The vets I use (a rabbit savvy vets) charge you extra if you dont pay on the day aswell.

Awwwwww hun, Ok I really don't want to worry you, but she sounds poorly, like Beatrix is and if she doesn't get to the vets she may not make it. You will forever be kicking yourself if something happened to her and you could of paid the extra in a couple of weeks.

You really need to get her to a vet asap,stasis can be so serious ,are you sure your vet won't be sympathetic ,I'm sure theyd rather treat the animal than see it suffer.

my poor baby, i know shes poorly and i know its serious, but i dont think alot of vets take on work if you cant pay them straight away.
TBH i think its been brung on by stress because of the dog yesterday :censored:

without wishing to seem harsh at all (cos I know its not easy)...are you prepared to let her get so poorly she is past treatment?

Honestly they should help you, the thing is she may just need a shot of painkiller, metaclop and some zantac to bring home, on the scale of things it's really not that expensive so I am sure your vet wont mind, it's not going to cost them a lot to do that, they just charge us a lot. :lol:

to be honest hun the more u leave it the more expensive it will be. when jelly had suspected stasis, it cost me just £20 for her pain relief and gut stimulants and some science recovery, but when it was cookie and it has been 48 hours (didnt know much about gut stasis etc) it ended up costing me about £60 bcus he needed more treatment.

if her guts have stopped, she wont get better without vet help.

i hope she will be okay hun x

Theyll see tonight at 7:50 :( they dont do payment plans, but my mums left me the last of her money but its only 50 quid. so im hoping it dont go over that.
Theyve advised me to keep her warm and try and tempt her to eat. Her stomach is quite soft and doughy but the vet said it wud be hard if it was stasis, but ive read otherwise?
My poor Holli hopper :(

Theyll see tonight at 7:50 :( they dont do payment plans, but my mums left me the last of her money but its only 50 quid. so im hoping it dont go over that.
Theyve advised me to keep her warm and try and tempt her to eat. Her stomach is quite soft and doughy but the vet said it wud be hard if it was stasis, but ive read otherwise?
My poor Holli hopper :(

I think Bloat is when it's hard? I've had stasis (well - my bun, not me) & Kendra's belly was soft

Back