• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does your rabbit sleep on?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

I line Lolas cage with newspaper. I put her hay in her hay basket as I she tends to soil the hay. She sleeps on the newspaper - I have tried putting Vet bed in there but she rags it up into a mess.

I feel a bit mean with her sleeping on newspaper - I see many buns on here sleeping in a nest of hay.

Should I get a little cat litter tray for her to sleep in and line it with hay for her to sleep in?

Thank you!

Mine have a tray with hay in for toileting, but as they very rarely toilet anywhere else, they sleep on carpet :)

Mine sleep where ever they flop! :lol:

Alfie will sleep in the litter tray, but Bugsy will mainly sleep on the top level with the carpet.

However once out their cage Bugsy likes to sleep on th window sill. :love:

mine sleep whereever they stop :lol: phoebe yesterday slept underneath the hutch in the run and fletcher was lying on top of it :lol:
When thier in the cages they tend to sleep in thier litter trays, strange cookies :D

mine sleep wherever, a particular favourite is on top of the hutch or on the hard slabs as opposed to a nice cosy bed of hay :roll:

When she is out of the cage she likes to lie at the side of the fire - but she is besotted with my daughters boyfriend so usually lies at the side of the sofa where he is lying.

She has started sneaking in the cats bed.

She does not have a bed in her cage and I dont know whether to put her one in - she likes to flop on the newspaper but any fabric I put in she rags into a ball.

I just feel a bit of a meanie when she is in her cage - she seems happy enough. Might have to get a bit of carpet!:D

Mine sleep on their shelf in their crate, or under the degu's cage is their new favourite.

mine seem to like sleeping on a natural seagrass matting, on tiles or on the top of a kitchen chair.....the fosters are currently sleeping on some left over carpet which they don't seem to want to chew or pee on which is good :) they pee on vet bed as do my other bunnies....it's really annoying.

since mine moved into the outhouse all four of them sleep on vetbed, they must prefer it bcus its about 3 foot long, and about 1 foot wide, yet four medium bunnies all sleep on it at once!

anywhere thats uncomfortable. seriously I've never seen them asleep other than over some kind of awkward shaped bit of wood/metal, theyre weird.

Well my indoor bunny sleeps on a chair under the table. One of my girls sleeps on hay, with the other on carpet and my frenchie sleeps mostly on a vetbed but prefers to sleep on grass in the rain if he can :no: So they've all got their own favourite things to sleep on.

Boris sleeps at the most random places when he's out :lol: However he does have a fondness for carpets and he's got a blanket inside his cage which he loves :)

mine sleep on anything the laminate floor, there hay bed, the throws i puts down, under my bed, on the sofa, on my lap well one does sometimes, newspaper pretty much anywhere they flop, biggles does have a favourite old towel though which is full of holes as he nibbles and spits out then bunches and sleeps on

Back