• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox Proof Wire....

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
Does anyone know where you can buy this from and what it is called when you buy it? as have searched everywhere by putting that in google searches etc and come up with nothing so far other than the usual silver galvanised mesh. I'm looking for the wire that looks like what is on the run in the pic below (just using the pic as an example of the wire, this is not one of our hutches/runs)
4ft-with-under-run_pic5.jpg

Thanks Snowy:) I've had a look on there but can only find rolls of silver. This is too solid too to be rolled as there is no flexibility in it at all.:?

Wickes sell some stuff that is thicker than normal mesh and sold in small sheets, but not as thick as that used on the hutch.

If you want to buy lots of it, you could probably get some from the manufacturer like these people:
http://www.weld-mesh.com/index.htm

Also here's one on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stainless-Steel-2-x-2-Welded-Mesh-Panel-Garden-DIY_W0QQitemZ320298206484QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320298206484&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Try searching for "welded mesh panel" or "weld mesh panel"

your looking for 1 inch by 1/2 inch welded wire mesh, comes in widths between 17 inchs and 30 inches . When you find somewhere could you let me know, I have been looking for some but places on sell byt 30m rolls on ebay, and I can't find any locally.

Louise

I think I just might call the people who make the runs with that type of wire on and ask where they get it from as the weld mesh is not the same as what is on these. thanks for your help though:)

I would personally say that the wire in the photo is probably less fox proof than half inch square weld mesh. I bet a fox could get it's paw through it and grab an ear or foot :(

Back