• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send vibes for Beatrix, she's home 8-)

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
She's not eating or pooing just took her temp and it's 35.7, just rushing her up to bloody st georges.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, I have just got back they've admitted her. The vet can feel a blockage.

I was off to bed and she was just sitting funny on the stairs, I tried her on a snack and nothing (unlike her). I took her first temp at about 10.30 it was 34.4, I wrapped her in my coat and got her on a snuggle safe on my chest and syringed her a bit of water and food for about 20 minutes, took her temp again and it had gone up to 35.7, but I just thought that was too low to risk treating her at home, so rushed her up. The vet said her ears were hot, I don't think she believed me about her temp, so she took her temp it was then at 36.3, she was really concerned that it was dangerously low, I was thinking well it's not as bad as it was and at least it's going in the right direction.

Every time she tried to feel her tummy she would jump in pain, she said she can feel a blockage there, but because she really jumps she can't tell what it is. She's having a sub cut, meds and they're going to get her tempreture up. She said she is very concerned about her, but she is lively (not Beatrix lively though) and said hopefully it's been caught early enough. :cry::cry:

Do hope that you get some good news in the morning. thanksfully Beatrix lives indoors and you were able to spot that things were not right early.

Oh Tree, I am SO sorry to hear about Beatrix. :cry: :cry: I will keep my fingers very firmly crossed for her. Sending her MASSES of Get Well vibes.....and ::HUGS:: for you. xxxxx :(

(((((((((((( VIBES ))))))))))))

Thanks everyone so much, the vet was suppose to be calling me at eight, but I couldn't wait, so I rang and spoke to the nurse. She said that she's been on a heat pad all night she's had two packs of sience recovery and fluid theorpy, she has passed a couple of poo's, I believe the blockage is still there the vet is going to give me a call in a bit to talk about it.

I've not slept at a lot at all, been worried sick and when I have slept I've had the worse nightmares. Bryn just told Ste, he didn't know she was poorly or in the vets, as he was already in bed when she was taken sick, I can't get over how quick they get sick. I better get ready for work, I look like death.

Thank God she's made the night.

Ive only just seen this Tree.I really hope Beatrix gets better.Sending loads of tummy healing vibes

Tree Beatrix is one determined Bunster and I know she will fight as hard as she can to get better.
Lots of hugs Tree, you have had a right rubbishy few months :cry:

Not again! Is she one of the buns you insured? Hope so if she's at St Georges! WHy does this always happen at the weekend?

Sending lots of hugs your way, hope she improves today x

Back