• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jekyll & Maug (Rats)

Lillian

Warren Veteran
I got some photos today of my wonderful rat Jekyll, who has been fighting respiratory problems on and off for months and is now struggling with eating too. She is a very special little girl and means the world to me. Tomorrow morning she is going to the vets, and me and my mum believe she will not be coming back :cry:

I made sure she had a good day today, we sat in the garden and got some sun :love: You can't really see in these pictures but if you pick her up you can feel all her bones sticking out, especially her hip bones, my poor baby.

jekyll014.jpg

jekyll016.jpg

jekyll012.jpg

jekyll023.jpg

Last edited:
Awww poor girl
Sending Vibes and loads of hugs
Dont worry i hope she comes back.
she is go pretty :love:
Everytime i see a rat i just keep wanting one.
Im sorry to hear about her respritory and maybe you could try to syringe feed her?

Omg she is gorgeous :love: so sorry to hear thats she's poorly i've got a poorly rat his name is sid and he's had respiratory problems since he was 10 weeks old when i got him and his brother they are now nearly 18 months i think

Good luck at the vets tomorrow hope she does come home

She is so beautiful hun :love: Give her a huge kiss from me

I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning :cry: Its such a hard decision to make and ive a feeling I know what my vet is going to suggest about Harry tomorrow :cry: Will pm you tomorrow when I get home from work hun :( xxxx

Awww poor girl
Im sorry to hear about her respritory and maybe you could try to syringe feed her?

Shes been syringe fed for two weeks now, the vets gave me stuff with everything in but it hasnt helped at all. She hasnt eaten anything today :( her breathing is terrible. The vet said give her a week on meds and syringe food if she doesnt improve get her pts. But i've given her two weeks and shes just got worse.

Awww poor girl

Lillian has been syringe feeding Jekyll for a while now :( When it gets to the point where you are constantly syringe feeding and they are still loosing weight and meds have stopped working their isnt an awful lot you can do :cry: x

She is so beautiful hun :love: Give her a huge kiss from me

I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning :cry: Its such a hard decision to make and ive a feeling I know what my vet is going to suggest about Harry tomorrow :cry: Will pm you tomorrow when I get home from work hun :( xxxx

Thank you, you've been really helpful, sorry about Harry :( xxxx

My girlie Maug (who i thought was a boy :oops:) Shes two and a half now and she was born with bone deformities, her stirnum one side goes into her abdomen, her spine is bent in several places and her tail has sharp bends too. Her pelvis is also deformed. Despite this she has been a wondeful brave little thing. She has recently been really ill, and is going with Jekyll to the vets tomorrow, things aren't looking good for her either.

I dont think she looks too bad in these pictures, she lost weight since so her bones are more obvious. when the vet saw her last week he called her the hunchback of notre dame, poor girl. He was a very nice vet though. These were taken over a month ago when she had a medicated bath, and went outside to dry in the sun (excuse the state of the run Winnies been chewing it :roll:)

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

Lovely looking ratties:love:, i will be thinking of you both tommorow.I really feel for you, but your doing everything possible.Take care.Deb.x

Lovely looking ratties:love:, i will be thinking of you both tommorow.I really feel for you, but your doing everything possible.Take care.Deb.x

Thank you :)

EDIT: My girls have an appointment at 5.45pm tonight, fingers crossed :(

Last edited:
Back