• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you need to Pass a Home Check?

Twitters

Warren Scout
im sure many of you run rescues or at least have a rescue bunny so my question is simple.
What is it you need to do to pass a home check ?
Im looking into adopting a rescue rabbit from WHS.. the only place i can get a rescue bunny.
i want to make sure that i can pass the home check when i go there to get my rabbit...probably will be a couple months from this but i want to get as much information i need to make sure i can be the perfect home for a rescue bunny.
What are the standards and what do they check for ?
What are the living conditions the rabbit has to live in
ETC
Any information on this i want to make sure i can make my home suitible.
im pretty sure the house has to be Rabbit Proofed eh ?

Thanks id appreciate this :wave:

It will really depend on the rescue and their requirement, always best to ask them before hand. Generally they will be looking at the size and security of the accommodation, have a chat about feeding, what will you do when you go away, vets, vaccs etc.

Mainly they will want to see what kind of life the bun will have, usually they will tell you of any improvements needed rather than just say no.

Also do you think having me who is 13 years old as the mind care taker be a big problem..if my dad signs the sheet for me i dont think it would be a big deal. as you need to be 18 to adopt

I think aslong as your parents sign the form for you, because you have to be 18 to buy animals.
Ive done a home checkl before and had to find out what they would do if they went away on holiday, where bun would live, if thier current bun was vacced and neutered - i enjoyed doing my home check and made friends with a lovley lady called Anna who i keep in regular contact with!
Nothing to be nervous about though - they just ask questions etc i was lucky in the respects that the lady i rescued Fletcher from, recognised me as an RU member, and knew the lady id home checked for, so said she would waiver the home check for me and just asked me over email where he would be living etc.

thank you phoebesmummy9 :)

I never knew you had to be 18 to buy animals..i learned something :)
Or is that just a UK law
?? probably not..

for all that.

Back