• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi everyone

GBNI

Warren Scout
Hi there!:wave:

I'm 23, live in Northern Ireland and have just stumbled into bunny owning as of yesterday! Previously I have owned guinea pigs and hamsters, but never a bunny!

I have bought a male lionhead, he's called Adrian. (he was on his own in a cage, so was unsure of buying a friend?) Pet shop said he is about 10 weeks, but he is a good bit bigger than the other lionheads that they say came in at the same time and is the same age?

RIMG0851.jpg

He is very inquisitive and loves playing with his toys :) So far I have just sat and talked to him and let him snuffle at my hand. He did let me stroke him a little earlier as well.

I don't want to rush things with him as I want him to be confident with me, so any advice would be greatly appreciated :) Or any book suggestions etc?

I was still gonig to get him neutured as I was told this would stop him spraying? And I am phoning the vet tomorrow to arrange vaccinations.

hi :love: hes s cute....might have to wait to get him nuetered. theres a certain age other members im sure will know

but welcome to RU

welcome from another newbie :wave: adraian is gorgeous, no offense bit his head and markings remind me of a donkey and i love donkeys too. :love:
if you see a mad man coming from oz to ireland it will be my OH as he loves bunnies especially lion heads. hoping you and adrian have many years of happiness and joy together.:love: have fun and hope to chat here.:wave:

Hiya and welcome. He's a right cutie. Sounds like you're doing everything right. Some vets will neuter from 12 weeks, others not till later.

welcome!

:wave:hello there, i'm new to bunnies too, my little ray of bunshine came to live with me in june of this year, he's a house bunny and i'm trying (with difficulty) to litter box train him!!
all 'good eggs' on this site - always helpful and friendly advice.

emily and lollybebunny xxx

Back