• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Traveling with my 3 babies!

Accidents

Young Bun
My bunnies an I are moving! All three rabbits are 1-2 years old. And have never been on a trip before, other than to the vet.

I've found the perfect carry case for them, and have been looking up what I'm going to need. I love my babies a lot, and worried that some websites might have missed important facts.

The traveling will last 3 hours, but since I'm pregnant it could be longer due to toilet breaks.

I've read about the safety of the seatbelt, so thats not an issue. My babies will be strapped in! Just hope they can't chew teh seat belt through the carry case! My partner will be grumpy lol =D

I've read that putting a bottle of water thats frozen in with them. Or something thats frozen and can be covered by a towel in the bottom of the carrier. Any ideas of what else i can use at the bottom of the carrier? anything thats better than a bottle of water.

Also should I use cat litter? if so what types should i look for? (I'm in the uk) is there any litters i should avoid?

I read i should give them fresh veg, my rabbits like leteus an carrots mostly, are both still good? or should i try them on a different veg before we go if theres better out there?

the carrier has water and a food bowl in there, so thats not really a problem. But I also read that they might not eat.

And if its only a 3-5 hour journey should I change what ever litter i use during the journey? or will it be ok until we get them to our new home.

I probably sound really parionoid, but I love my babies. And want there journey to be comfortable, and keep them safe.

If i've missed anything out please tell me. The journey will be soon, and the weather recently in the UK has been cold and wet. Not sure if that changes anything. =D Not sure if its a Van or a Car we're traveling in.

Back