• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ive changed my mind about one certain vet..

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:oops: after not thinking he was anygood with bunnies and others having a negative response to him..i was dreading taking bif in to the emergency slot at the main hospital this morning after thinking shed die overnite and going to bed late and waking up all night.

ive been giving my wickle girlie fibreplex and whats left of the metaclop syrup i have stashed. and of course good ole infacol. Shes beengrumpy again lateky..going for willow thru bars and keep chasing and biting bandit..at first i presumed it was territorial as usual but a bit hyped up. and didnt go to vets sat morning as i had only been treating her since friday evening...so waiting to see.
last night tho i really panicked..the poos had gone from pinhead iszed to very small but very very small and about 5:(
last night early hours this morning she dived into the big pile of timy hay i put down and buried her head in it but didnt eat..ah ha says i..teeth!!

i tried to sleep but couldnt...but too exhausted to go back down..thought id be fininding her dead:shock::( but i knew she wasnt quite there as she did come out to see the cats toy workingagain last night but still.

i head to see the vet at animed..the south african guy and i was seriousky worried. BUT i have to aplogise for anything negative i may have said or thought about him.he was bloomin fantastic!!

he showed me bifs molars thru the stethescope...examined her all over and said as he went if that bit was working ok.sounded ok...wasnt impacted etc etc....
then he disappeared with her..was gone about 5 mins if that and had clipped and burred the spurs...she was fine and only as stressed as she had been all the time in there.

he said to me that there was no sign of any infetcion or spurs or roots growing down back into the jawbone so thats a positive thing.
BUT her lower jaw is way further back than it should be and way smaller too.

he said they wont GA buns unless theyre feisty kicky buns or extreme work. cos of the whole kidney failure etc problem. so she fine with that and its been 4 months since her last visit for a dental which he did.

he told me the metaclop syrup id bene given last year by someone who kindly gave it to me wanst available in this country and in fact they can now only give it in the human injection form since the new doggy anti emetic has come in to force and the company are npow trying to force them to use that and do away with metaclop.....never mind the bunnies:censored:

so i said if i hadnt been treating her gi prob as a symptom of dental probs like we had she wouldnt be here..he nodded:( good ole fibreplex if no metclop safer that way.

he explained everything in minute detail and was very very helpful and helll of a lot more communicative than last time!

he told me hes met the bew vet socially only and shes very nice so wait and see..he still covers half days etc in gosport and cowplain but works mainly at shedfield itself.

i had to pay £18 each way taxi fare:shock::censored:
then wait for it...out of hours consult..teeth burr etc....and vat....£107 !!:shock:

well thats meinto my overdraft a bit deeper:oops: but if id waited till tomorrowmorning im guessing id be taking a dead body for cremation instead:(

shes very very sleepy now and so ma i..all of us here incl her nemesis and the cats all breatehd a huge sigh of relief.

thanks to mark at animed....

I'm glad she's OK now.

I had similar experience with one of mine where I did not like vet but he gave emergency filing of a molar while conscious so saved my bunny from Statis probably. He is still not my first choice but would see him in emergency.

oooh he seems unbunny friendly or people friendly..but i guess htats how some vets are..as long as they do the right stuff it ocunts even more ....
fingers crossed this isnt just a fluke and finally more vets are getting wise to us rabbits united front when it ocmes to vets:shock::lol::lol::lol:

:wave: Gem no probs...

Back