• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

theres a rabbit underneath all this fur??!!

coco1200

Warren Veteran
just randomly searching for 'belgian hares' on google, and came across these
:shock::shock::shock:

IMG_0742stkn.jpg

BettyBISB.jpg

WTH?! does that woman not realise her rabbits fur is immensely overgrown?!

:lol::lol: That's what an angora should look like! What you see in rescues are often crosses or clipped - that's what they are like if their fur is allowed to grow and is looked after probably.

how many buns would it take to make a jumper i wonder, mind you with 6 buns molting in my house at the mo i should think it would take me long hehehe

:shock::shock: I have NEVER seen a rabbit like that, it looks like like a genetically modified sheep TBH :lol:

Most pet owners trim them because it's a lot of work keeping it in that condition. They are actually used for wool too funnily enough ;)

Probably a pic before trimming it a tad (hence the aprons) but they supposed to be big fluff balls hehe so cute

That's disturbing! When you think about how freely wild rabbits move (plus most pet rabbits)...how can it run and binky with all that fur? :cry:

Thats probably matted into a few good lumps under the surface. I personally don't think people should have long haired pet's unless they have hours free everyday for grooming/trimming. I have 2 long haired piggy's and they take long enough, I should imagine grooming that rabbit could take half a day?!

Thats probably matted into a few good lumps under the surface. I personally don't think people should have long haired pet's unless they have hours free everyday for grooming/trimming. I have 2 long haired piggy's and they take long enough, I should imagine grooming that rabbit could take half a day?!

Angoras require daily grooming, and I sure hope anyone who owns one knows this.

Thats Betty Chu, she lives near me in California. She wins first prize at angora shows and is known to have impeccably groomed rabbits so I'm sure they have no mats. Having said that, if she sells any I can imagine that the rabbits can suffer with less enthusiastic owners who don't groom them well or cut down the fur. Angoras are naturally like that as Tamsin said, they're from the arctic originally before being taken by Turks I believe, more than a thousand years ago, but I'm sure the original ones taken from the wild were bred to be hairier over the centuries.

and like all domesticated animals (including all dogs & the wild rabbit) was bred to for a purpose......in this case obviously to be a hand warmer or possibly a sofa cushion....although why you'd want a pooping sofa cushion I'll never know ;)

Back