• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

question about rews

areia

Wise Old Thumper
not having had rews before, i have my 3 lovely ones in the garage im ment to really be moving them outside, but they are soooooooo pristine and white i dont want to get them dirty, :oops:
i know buns are pretty clean animals anyway and i do clean out the poopy areas everyday, i seem to have very clean buns who are well toilet trained and will only go in certain area so i dont clean the bed bit everyday,
how do you keep your white pristine
also the scanning thing they do, all three do it, but jim seems to do it an awful lot, its like they go into a trance scan then suddenly come out of it, its is weird to watch mom does it up and down and jim side to side, what exactly is the science behind this, i understand its something to do with there sight, but why

I am not quite sure why albinos have bad eye sight. But the two things seem to be related. Just like a lot of dalmations don't hear very well or are deaf. I haven't done enough genetics to be able to explain this.
Luna and Penny are both scanners, although they have dark eyes. But they both have one or more REW sisters. So the REW gene is probably present in them, too, just that the one for pigmentation is dominant.
Snoopy never looks dirty, and neither does Luna, I have no idea how they stay so white. But when they were at the borading place last month, they had their hutches lined with newspaper, and now all my bunnies have dark green/grey feet from the ink. :lol:

i mean someone thought they could see better at night gawd knows how, ive noticed jims eyes are quite a light pink, wondering if this has any relevance, and hes is shy, loverly to hold but he was separated from his sisters when i got him, but ive kept him next to his mom and sis so he doesnt feel tooo lonely, theres nothing wrong with there hearing thats for sure,:lol: the mom who i just call mom she comes bounding up to me when i call her name, but i have noticed if you go in the garage too quiet they jump, so i make noise and call them before i go in, and they are fine,

i mean someone thought they could see better at night gawd knows how, ive noticed jims eyes are quite a light pink, wondering if this has any relevance, and hes is shy, loverly to hold but he was separated from his sisters when i got him, but ive kept him next to his mom and sis so he doesnt feel tooo lonely, theres nothing wrong with there hearing thats for sure,:lol: the mom who i just call mom she comes bounding up to me when i call her name, but i have noticed if you go in the garage too quiet they jump, so i make noise and call them before i go in, and they are fine,

Luna doesn't seem to hear very well, she jumps and runs when I suddenly appear next to her. So I try and make some sounds and movements before I get too close.

Back