• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Want to start reading up on bonding........

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
where do i start?

I have looked in the reference part so if I have missed it please accept my apologies.

I am hoping very soon to get Lola a husbun and in an ideal world they will fall in love instantly but I know this is often not the case.

Lola will be getting speyed very shortly and I would like to start getting prepared to get a husbun and know what to do to make it easy for the pair of them. (and for me).

Anyone got a good place to start?

Thank you!

Good information about bonding can be found in this thread which Cheryl who used to run Sprowston Rescue wrote. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=55913&highlight=bonding

I reguarly bond each week, usually 2 pairs of rabbits and use a very similiar method to what Cheryl advocates. Rabbits find it less stressful if they are bonded in one session rather than in small sessions and for this reason I advocate this.

Neutral territory where none of them has been is essential if you are to reduce the chances of injury, anything which is non neutral must be cleaned down thoroughly with a strong smelling animal friendly substance .... vinegar is excellent, this can be malt or white.

If you have never bonded before, an easy option is to get a partner for your rabbit from a rescue which will start the bonding off for you. They should then offer you support in the days after going home.

If you have any queries PM me.

Back