• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Donate-A-Vac!

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on Behalf of Jack's Jane

Hello Everyone :wave:

When you get your own Bunnies vaccinated do you ever think of how Rescues continuously have to find funds to vaccinate all their intakes?
I thought it might be helpful if people could donate the full fee for either a Myxomatosis or VHD Vaccine.
The Rescue can be of your choice and once the Vaccination has been given the Rescue can post on here a piccie of the 'lucky'.......Bunny and a 'Thank-you' message to the RU member who paid for it.

This will be an ongoing thread with no closing date. If you feel you could pay for one extra vaccine just contact the Rescue of your choice. Then the Rescue can advise you where to send your donation and the name of the Bunny you will be helping. You will get to see a piccie of said Bunny once the vaccination has been given and the Rescue posts Bunny's piccie on this thread.

Please do post on here if you feel you can help a Rescue Bun and we can all follow the story and see the Bunny you have helped.

I know it's a big 'ask' for a one-off largish donation.
But I do hope a few of you will be able to do it.

Thanks for reading this

Jane x

What a fantastic idea!
So nice to see where your donation is actually going.

PS Jane has donated 4 VHD vaccines to us in the past x

What a great idea

Would it be okay to choose bunnies that have already been vaccinated (waiting to be rehomed) but make the donation to count as paying for that vaccination?

The bunnies I would like to make a donation to are 14 weeks old, so will have already been vaccinated, but they are very close to my heart so I would love to have the feelings I've paid for their vaccinations

What a great idea

Would it be okay to choose bunnies that have already been vaccinated (waiting to be rehomed) but make the donation to count as paying for that vaccination?

The bunnies I would like to make a donation to are 14 weeks old, so will have already been vaccinated, but they are very close to my heart so I would love to have the feelings I've paid for their vaccinations

I would discuss the 'technicalities' with the Rescue, I am sure it will be OK as long as the end result is a Vaccination fee is donated :D
Then we can hear a bit about these two 14 week olds story and see a piccie of them :D

What a brilliant idea, I took 12 on Friday for myxo Vaccs and I've got 22 next next week and that's just the ones that are due:roll: it's a real struggle trying to get the funds together to pay for them all and I know other rescues find the same problem

Brilliant idea!

I'd like to help somebunny! But don't know who to send to or how much - there are so many rescues and so many bunnies in need, which one do I help?:shock:

I'd like to help somebunny! But don't know who to send to or how much - there are so many rescues and so many bunnies in need, which one do I help?:shock:
Either choose a rescue you see on here and like the sound of..
or look for the one that is nearest to you..
or choose a bun on RR that needs a home and you like the look of and send to that rescue for that bun:D

Starlights- Well i'll pay for one then but i'll need to send cheque as don't have paypal - is it ok if i do it this way? How much do i need to send? Think I already have your address details as i want to send in to the competition too!

Some people opt to choose a rescue near them, others will choose a rescue on here that they have heard of where there are a number of rabbits available.

If you want a list of rescues there is one on http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp you can also look at the animals available on the rabbits in need section which say that they are available via a rescue.

At the end of the day you are helping a rescue protect their rabbits against an unwelcome disease.

Some people opt to choose a rescue near them, others will choose a rescue on here that they have heard of where there are a number of rabbits available.

If you want a list of rescues there is one on http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp you can also look at the animals available on the rabbits in need section which say that they are available via a rescue.
Think that's what I said!:lol::lol:great minds think alike!;)

Starlights- Well i'll pay for one then but i'll need to send cheque as don't have paypal - is it ok if i do it this way? How much do i need to send? Think I already have your address details as i want to send in to the competition too!

Aw that is lovely Leanne, that would be a great help. Yes a cheque is fine, my mxyi vaccines are £12.50.

ETA: Is there a particular bunny you want to donate it to?

Last edited:
ok, have done the cheque, will post in morning - would also like to help a few more rescues so i'll pm them as i cant look at bunnies in the rehoming section as that is how I ended up with my Ella and Bella (I just can't resist!) :oops:

I have donated to Snowy's rescue today but as this is ongoing I will donate again to other rescues as and when I can. They all do a fantastic job.

:D Yeah me too, i would like to help too.Its a fab idea that way if its on going its something we can do to help throughout the year.:thumb:

Last edited:
Back