• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chicks - A few days on...

hollyd123

Warren Scout
Sorry to bore you with more photos, I won't post anymore after this for a while, promise!!

chicks4days038.jpg

chicks4days035.jpg

chicks4days039.jpg

chicks4days041.jpg

chicks4days034.jpg

Look at their little feathers starting to grow - cute! There soooo noisy, when they wake up its "cheep cheep cheep" until they're fed!

- Holly -

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh.

No don't stop putting up pics - they are bloomin' beautiful.

I love chicks/chickens and would dearly love some one day.

:love::love::love::love::love:

Cute, what breeds are they and what do you intend to do with them.

Sunday Roast................................Just joking :lol::lol::lol: They're Lavender Araucana & LA X Cream Legbar (Green/Blue Egg Layers) I'm keeping one or two and the others are for a friend who has lots of free range hens. I'm going to hatch a few more in the Spring for my friend also. I only have room for a few hens, but my friend has asked if I'll hatch more for him in the Spring - I can't wait! Don't worry though - we're all veggies, so none will end up in the pot!! :D

Awwwww!! They are adorable :love: :love: Love the black one (2nd pic down) he looks so cute :love: :lol: Dont think ive room for chickens too :? :oops:

Cool, was a wee bit worried about what would happen to the boys. We have a few blue egg laying cross breeds, a lavander auracana (a great girl) and a cream legbar cockeral, he is very handsome. Its nice cause people are always so delighted when they get a blue egg.

Cool, was a wee bit worried about what would happen to the boys. We have a few blue egg laying cross breeds, a lavander auracana (a great girl) and a cream legbar cockeral, he is very handsome. Its nice cause people are always so delighted when they get a blue egg.

Yup, the eggs are gorgeous aren't they. I love seeing a mixture of colours in the egg bowl. How sad am I?!?! :lol:

I'm praying that they'll turn out mostly girls. As you probably know, Legbar chicks are Auto Sexing, but the Legbar X LA's havn't taken on this trait. Even if they do turn out all males though, they'll still have a happy life without being eaten. My friend has a huuuuuge field so they have lots of room so they don't fall out with each other!! :D

I don't think your sad, I always thank our girls when we get an egg, although they are few and far between at the moment.:( Our girls are getting on and I think the weather is putting them off even more.

Back