• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very Angry!!!!!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Well, it has been a day of distress. Added to the fact we have spent all morning trying to close our credit card account, another thread, I have lost it with somebody on another forum.

We are on a local environmental forum, where lots of people grow their own meat, take pride in caring for it and see the 'process' through to the end. Its not something I could do but at least if they want to eat meat they are doing it ( to my mind ) the most ethical way they can.
However, somebody was enquiring about angora rabbits for fur and I wrote , in length about neutering, vaccination, vet bills, feeding, bedding etc, probably in a negative way, as I was concerned about how aware they were about rabbits.
Somebody 'who has kept rabbits for years' has written is saying how much bad luck we have had (in a patronising manner, like we are bad rabbit owners) and she has never had those problems as she has them PTS, rather than put them through an op and its not that hard to keep angoras.
I wrote, politely, saying that having been on the receiving end of so many rescues that I had a right to make people aware of rabbit welfare and that as rabbits were the 3rd most popular pet, rabbit care and welfare had moved on since she had started keeping them.:censored::censored:
I am so angry.:evil::evil::evil:

You had a right to be angry too.
:evil::evil:Some people are so ignorant.
Sending big hugs.

Thanks, I'm really upset. Sometimes I just feel it isn't worth the stress and wish I could hide away in a hole- Mike, the animals and me- honestly I could cry, I just hope the original poster listens to what I was saying.
:censored: sake, how can people be so ignorant, I'm in such a bad mood!

i agree you had the right to be angry :evil::evil:

people can be so stubborn and stupid...your doing the right thing

Thanks, I'm really upset. Sometimes I just feel it isn't worth the stress and wish I could hide away in a hole- Mike, the animals and me- honestly I could cry, I just hope the original poster listens to what I was saying.
:censored: sake, how can people be so ignorant, I'm in such a bad mood!

Thats what I would like I pften thinkit. A nice patch of land, my OH and the kids and the animals and the rest of the world can carry on with it's madness. :roll:

I don't know how people are so ignorant, and seem very blissful in it too :censored:

Yes, wouldn't life be easy if you didn't have to deal with humans. Unfortunately we have to, and I normally try to stay positive, but lately i find I am running out of patience and feel more and more hurt and let down!

Yes, wouldn't life be easy if you didn't have to deal with humans. Unfortunately we have to, and I normally try to stay positive, but lately i find I am running out of patience and feel more and more hurt and let down!

I know just how you feel:shock: :shock: :shock: don't let it get you down because you do a fantastic job and save so many animals and you make such a difference to those animals, forget the humans they really aren't worthit and you are far better than them

Keep going, you can do it!!

Well, it has been a day of distress. Added to the fact we have spent all morning trying to close our credit card account, another thread, I have lost it with somebody on another forum.

We are on a local environmental forum, where lots of people grow their own meat, take pride in caring for it and see the 'process' through to the end. Its not something I could do but at least if they want to eat meat they are doing it ( to my mind ) the most ethical way they can.
However, somebody was enquiring about angora rabbits for fur and I wrote , in length about neutering, vaccination, vet bills, feeding, bedding etc, probably in a negative way, as I was concerned about how aware they were about rabbits.
Somebody 'who has kept rabbits for years' has written is saying how much bad luck we have had (in a patronising manner, like we are bad rabbit owners) and she has never had those problems as she has them PTS, rather than put them through an op and its not that hard to keep angoras.
I wrote, politely, saying that having been on the receiving end of so many rescues that I had a right to make people aware of rabbit welfare and that as rabbits were the 3rd most popular pet, rabbit care and welfare had moved on since she had started keeping them.:censored::censored:
I am so angry.:evil::evil::evil:

I had a similar thing with a woman who's kids had been bought a guinea pig by the grandparents. They were being kept in a storage box - she wanted a free cage she could not afford a cage herself. I have 8 bunnies and 2 guinea pigs. I did try to explain that you need to care for guinea's carefully and properly. I asked if she culd not afford the cage - how would she afford quality food/bedding/hay etc etc

Well the response I got was disgusting - a fowl mouthed trollop to put it kindly - who told me to shove my preaching from my pulipt where the sun don't shine.. so I told her I would report her to the RSPCA - and my god - I was actually worried incase she found out where I lived!

As soon as you try and help - people who know jack sh*t get very very defensive and make out they know it all... and then start pulling you down to divert the attention away from them... SHE WAS KEEPING GUINEA PIGS IN A STORAGE BOX AND HAD THE CHEEK TO BE ABUSIVE WHEN I OFFERED ADVICE...

So do not lose heart - you are doing a great thing - we all are. Bunny people are special people, WE ARE NOT ordinary run of the mill - throw em in a wooden box - chuck em some crappy food from the market and check if they need water once a fortnight-trailer trash..... we are dedicated, compassionate, selfless - we put the bunnies first. I think many people who try and give advice because they care, end up being verbally abused...

Perhaps other bunny people understand my theory - which sounds crazy to my fella - but I feel that in order to fully respect a bunny - you have to be quiet.. not just so you do not scare them - but so you can hear them talk (or grind their teeth in other words!), read their body language and feel their mood :)) The smallest of movements and noises from a bunny tells you so much about them! Scary loud mouthy nasty aggressive peeps will never feel this connection like we do! You are a star - and I bet there are lots of buns at the rainbow bridge lining up to meet you again one day!

Aww, thanks.
Sadly its not just bunnies that suffer due to human selfishness. I have heard of somebody whose horse has lameness problems. It is supoosed to be resting it, but she's been riding it and even 'took' it for a blast. I couldn't believe it, and I know when it is broken and unrideable it will be sold so she can break another one. I just don't get people sometime (a lot of the time), why would you want to cause something pain and distress.
We had a rabbit in the vets today and it looks like it has myxi, it wasn't vaccinated- I just wanted to shout 'WHY NOT, its only £20, FFS.'

I guess we shouldn't feel too bad, one of our vets was trying to advise somebody about feeding their rabbits and the owner snapped at her and didn't want to know, so I guess if they aren't going to listen to the vet, they aren't going to listen to anybody. I'ts just a shame its the animals that suffer.

This is too true... although I look up a lot of stuff on t'internet I respect the vets opinion and advice.. afterall they are the ones who spent years in Uni training!

I must admit I do have a favourite vet - a couple of the other vets at our practice have given me slightly inaccurate diagnosis and info before - which has caused one of my buns further problems. But when it comes to Jabs and Wormers, vets know best everytime... and it is people who have short arms and very deep pockets who tend not to bother with the routine preventative treatments!!!

I get so wound up too - probably because if I could help every suffering creature - I would!!! Bring on the lotto win, and I will have a rescue retirement for fur and feathers from all walks of like before the end of next week ha ha!!! You feel so helpless when you see people doing it wrong!

Horses are probably one of the worst kept animals - because of the expense, and the sheer time and effort it takes to care for them properly! You get people who buy a cheaper horse - and can't afford/be bothered with its proper care. You should have a license to own any animal - or have to take a test to prove you know how to care for it's basic needs!!!

I had a similar thing with a woman who's kids had been bought a guinea pig by the grandparents. They were being kept in a storage box - she wanted a free cage she could not afford a cage herself. I have 8 bunnies and 2 guinea pigs. I did try to explain that you need to care for guinea's carefully and properly. I asked if she culd not afford the cage - how would she afford quality food/bedding/hay etc etc

Well the response I got was disgusting - a fowl mouthed trollop to put it kindly - who told me to shove my preaching from my pulipt where the sun don't shine.. so I told her I would report her to the RSPCA - and my god - I was actually worried incase she found out where I lived!

As soon as you try and help - people who know jack sh*t get very very defensive and make out they know it all... and then start pulling you down to divert the attention away from them... SHE WAS KEEPING GUINEA PIGS IN A STORAGE BOX AND HAD THE CHEEK TO BE ABUSIVE WHEN I OFFERED ADVICE...

So do not lose heart - you are doing a great thing - we all are. Bunny people are special people, WE ARE NOT ordinary run of the mill - throw em in a wooden box - chuck em some crappy food from the market and check if they need water once a fortnight-trailer trash..... we are dedicated, compassionate, selfless - we put the bunnies first. I think many people who try and give advice because they care, end up being verbally abused...

Perhaps other bunny people understand my theory - which sounds crazy to my fella - but I feel that in order to fully respect a bunny - you have to be quiet.. not just so you do not scare them - but so you can hear them talk (or grind their teeth in other words!), read their body language and feel their mood :)) The smallest of movements and noises from a bunny tells you so much about them! Scary loud mouthy nasty aggressive peeps will never feel this connection like we do! You are a star - and I bet there are lots of buns at the rainbow bridge lining up to meet you again one day!

Well said!
These beautiful creatures enhance our lives so much, they deserve our respect and compassion and should be allowed to 'be bunnies' not inanimate objects in a wooden box, unfortunately there is just so much ignorance out there when it comes to rabbits.
It seems to me that unless there is a TV program to a highlight an issue in our society (free range chickens, school dinners, kennel club dog breeds etc.) the majority of the general public are unaware of them! May I suggest a TV program called 'how to give your rabbit the life it deserves' ?

OK that's my rant for the day! :oops:

Lea xxx

Sadly the myxo rabbit was PTS today :(, that is the second rabbit we've had in over the past week, the first one was vaccinated so hopefully it will survive.
So I suppose it is a warning to all those in Aberdeenshire, at least, if not done already, get your rabbits vaccinated.

Back