• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few stupid questions - sorry

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
1) If i was to completly cover my runs and hutches (where flies could get in) with netting designed to keep them out, they would still be able to breathe wouldnt they? Would they still get enough ventilation???

2) What other things could a person do to prevent myxomatosis?

1) If i was to completly cover my runs and hutches (where flies could get in) with netting designed to keep them out, they would still be able to breathe wouldnt they? Would they still get enough ventilation???

2) What other things could a person do to prevent myxomatosis?

1) Yes, that would be fine

2) Make sure that there is no standing water nearby - like buckets or litter trays that have captured the rain, or a pond or bird bath. Mozzies are attracted by water, especially if it's standing/stagnant.

You could try using ' Buzz Off' from Gorgeous Guineas. It's a spray that keeps the flies away - they don't like the smell. http://www.store2go.net/shop/gorgeousguineas/p/category/0509168561-Insect+Nasties/

1) Yes, that would be fine

2) Make sure that there is no standing water nearby - like buckets or litter trays that have captured the rain, or a pond or bird bath. Mozzies are attracted by water, especially if it's standing/stagnant.

You could try using ' Buzz Off' from Gorgeous Guineas. It's a spray that keeps the flies away - they don't like the smell. http://www.store2go.net/shop/gorgeousguineas/p/category/0509168561-Insect+Nasties/

Thank you!! I have been looking for that stuff since bunnybasics closed but couldnt remember the name of it :lol: x

Oh cr**! I have a bird bath near the hutches... not for much longer!!!

Thanks for the advice :D

If you empty them out every few days they will be fine, it is stagnant water which does not move where mossies breed which is the problem

Does anyone know anywhere i can get fly netting cheap??? cheaper than ebay, or is ebay good?

well if you look on ebay try finding the cheapest one for bidding and the cheapest shipping and if not try looking in a store like a grocery store but has other things...or a hardware store maybe :)

I don't know if they will still have any but I got my mozzie nets from Lidl a while back. Also, my pound shop had some so I'd check in your nearest one.:D

well if you look on ebay try finding the cheapest one for bidding and the cheapest shipping and if not try looking in a store like a grocery store but has other things...or a hardware store maybe :)

Yeah i just wondered whether anyone had seen them in a shop for a like £2 or something. I dont mind paying ebay prices for them - cheap enough :D

and with regards to the bird bath, could anyone tell me a little more about how and why a mosquito likes stagnant water... does it just mean water thats been there for ages jrn??

I was just reading that thread myself. We live in an area very populated with wild rabbits. I am also shaken up by poor Polos story

Back