• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns On Paving.

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
When we move house, we figured the best place to put the run would be under the window on the back, on paving.

They will have a huge run, and everything, and it will be covered.

As long as they get unlimited hay and fresh grass everyday, this will be ok right?
Jack x

They'll be fine :wave:

My first pair were kept on paving slabs to stop them digging & to keep their claws worn down - just make sure they have a litter tray in the run, otherwise you have a mess and a half! :lol:

yes but build them up slowly if not used to it. personally i worry about sore hocks this is what caused my bun to have sore hocks before xx

Will the run be caged underneath? I'd worry about foxes being able to lift up the run.

No, it would be bolted to the ground, and bolted to the wall. As the run would come from the house, and to the wall that seperates the grass, from paving. Then the roof would be aprox. 6ft high.
Jack x

If they've not had sore hocks I wouldn't worry too much, as they'll have inside the hutch, which will have hay & woodshavings or similar on the floor

They have never had them before, but tey will also have a hutch that is always filled with hay for them just to sit in, and their playhouse, which they sleep in:D
Jack x

My nethies are on paving too. I never have to trim their claws and I have two containers (cat litter trays) which I grow grass in for them, and I rotate them so one recovers while they destroy the other :lol:

My hutch/run combo is on paving slabs. One out of the four suffers with sore feet. Shes a french lop so maybe her weight is to do with it aswell...

Best of luck Jack.

xx

Jess has had a sore hock in the past when they were indoors on carpet but whilst they were outside with the run on paving she didn't have any problems. :D

Back