• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vinnie is here!!!! (Update!Ive moved them into there pen!)

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Just got him back,piggies have been evicted im using there indoor cage,ive put them in and Vinnie hasnt moved Miffy sniffed him hes just sat there like a statue,Whats that mean?

Last edited:
:? Don't know Marie but it is certainly better than them arguing....just give him time to feel his paws and I am sure he will gain in confidence and settle down in a few days. ;) Good Luck to them both and you! :D

Ok Miffy has groomed him on his head and ears a couple of times but she wont let him out of the litter tray:? He has been sat in it for hours now?

Don't know if it's any help because Oscar is an only bun, but when he first came to us he didn't move out of the litter tray for about five hours:? then he just went little bits at a time. He's probably shy, just give him a bit of time.

Gawd I'm useless at advice, aren't I :oops:

Sue.x.

Don't know if it's any help because Oscar is an only bun, but when he first came to us he didn't move out of the litter tray for about five hours:? then he just went little bits at a time. He's probably shy, just give him a bit of time.

Gawd I'm useless at advice, aren't I :oops:

Sue.x.

Miffy wont let him out keeps telling him off when he trys

I know its hard to watch but they will need to decide who the boss is. It seems that will be Miffy. ;) This behaviour is actually a good sign. Expect to see some chasing and humping later. After a day or two they will get bored of it, act normally and hopefully be good friends.

Keep a close eye on them to make sure they don't get into a big fight. If they do fight put them in a pet carrier together and take them for a little drive in the car. Then return them to the cage.

Good luck :D

When we got Nia home she wouldn't move out of the litter tray for ages.

I think the stress of a long car journey had really knocked her for six. I am sure Vinnie will be fine, he is probably just a overcome by all that is new at the moment.

Can you remove the litter tray and just put a big pile of hay in the cage for them to eat and investigate.

Good luck xxx

I know what you mean about where will the wee go. I had the same dilema when bonding but in the end i put down extra thick wad of paper and megazorb with hay on top. Don't worry the bun won't mind. Just bit more hassle for you to clean.

It would be a good idea to sprinkle some wee'd on litter around the cage. This will help their smells mingle.

Ive took the litter tray out chucked megazorb all over the floor and hay! But hes still sitting in the same place only grunting and stamping his feet now!

Back