• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New shed and customising it!!

Hello

I know this might seem like a silly question, but want to get everything right.

I want to get Eric and Ernie a shed, so they are warm and secure and have plent of space. (runs will be attached)

I have seen some fantastic set ups on here, but I don't think I can afford to do all the insulating straight away.

Will it be possible to get them settled in the shed first and then a few weeks later, start doing the insulating and putting shelves and things in.

They will have their hutches in there, so they have somewhere comfy to sleep.

I see it as a "work in Progress" project. Each week improving it for them.

I just wondered whether doing it in stages might upset them.

Thanks in advance

Have only just seen this. The only problem I see is that fixing shelves and any cutting work involved in insulating creates a lot of dust and in our case lots of bits of polystyrene, both of which I wouldn't want the buns near. Do you have another area the buns can be kept in when you are working on the shed?

Other than that, it's fine I would have thought :).

Thanks for the response

I didn't think about the dust.Thanks for advice

They will have a big hutch and 2 runs in the meantime, so must get on wth it asap

I will get everythng done before I put them in the shed and then there will be no disruption. Just have to save a bit quicker!!!

Back