• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need help finding

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
a litter tray big enuff for bertie so he doesnt pee over the side:oops:

he has had all manner of trays..the ferplast trio looks like a baby bath is what him n willow have. shes a massive frenchie girly and she pees n poops fine within the tray..bertie poops wherever...and sometimes is too short of time for the tray...hes a very small frenchie and very lazy and likes to leave weeing till the very last minute!

but the otherday he got into the littlies end of the lounge and used their green litter tray..a cat one and peed inside it perfectly! so i used a cat litter tray and guess what......he peed..right over the egde of it:shock:

i have looked at the underbed boxes in wilkinsons but theyre not big enough:shock:

the width of the ferplast at the midle is 16 inches.....its too narrow for him..he just turns and doesnt quite make his bum confine itself to the tray and pees over the side..hence puppy training wee wee pads being under the tray;)

if anyone knows of nay trays or storage boxes etc that are no higher than 5 to 6 inches maximum..and 24 inches minimum length and over 16 inches width...please let me know ive bene searching so far without success....

well you dont need to buy a expensive litter box.
I just went to the doller store and picked up a plastic bin and it works fine as a litter box :)
they have tons of diffrent sizes so i think you should go take a look and you'll save money :)

I bought a cat litterpan and it works fine.

maybe you need a cat liter pan thats enclosed so he cant pee over the sides?

The storage boxes from Wilkinsons are big enough for all of my bunnies. But if they are still too small for yours, try a cat litter box with a "roof". The one I have can be taken apart, and the bottom bit is quite high, especially at the back.

I use under bed storage boxes for the smaller bunnies and the base of an indoor cage for the big buns. I did notice while I was in Homebase the other week that you can get cement mixing trays - nice and big with high sides - could be worth a try?

thank you all for the input..im glad you guys have it sorted.
um tried hooded cat tray...he then pees out the door same with the very very large pet carrier box designed ofr westies etc..used it whole he want too bad..then took lid off and he peed over the edges..he was peeing ok int he **** version for a few goes but willow hated it as shes so huge she cant turn around in it at all!! and doesnt see why it should be there if she cant use it..and berties too slow to turn around so peeing out of the door is his speiclaity with that!

:wave: Gem..we bertie..yup suits him:lol:

The Range have large, cheap underbed storage containers that are low enough to get into but high enough to keep most bums in :D

Back