• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

with a stethescope....what do i listen for?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:wave: talk about s**s law....i ordered a menopause test kit online along with a cheap stethescope ready in case bif has a bout of gi slowdown again....well

i noticed her poos were a bit tinier yesterday but threw in loads of hay..dried grass and hoped itd help. today i colected my parts of an order sent to mums....

now im going to bed after first off helping give bif a dose of fibreplex....then my daughter gave bif the syringe id dosed with whats left of the metaclopramide syrup...and some infacol..cant do much more but added bio lapis to water and food as well and gave ehr a huge pile of greens...itll giver her upset tum but when i say huge is less than most buns get several times a day anyway but to her its huge.

i am aware of how the tum makes the odd noises when in gi stasis or makes no noise at all...but in the inbetween stage what the heck do i actually listen to and what is the warning noise before it gets to major gurle glop glop?

shes been very quiet but has shown enthusiasm for her greens and hay.....

see how she is tomorrow morning..if no worse then ill treat her as usual..poor old girl its her n me with tum probs all the time in this house...me with severe IBS and poor bif with her tum probs....empathy overload....cept i live on immodium and she lives on fibreplex etc....:lol:

which section is best to listen to as with my ear i kinda start up under her front paw pits and slowly work my way down to around middle space befor reaching back legs..but her furs so thick i may lose the stethescope:oops::lol:

help..advice pleeese

bifs not any better but not worse..ive given her fibrep;ex twice a day with metaclopramide....cant give anymore as stress levels rocket.

im off to bed whilst my poor daughter stays down here to keep an eye whilst i try and get four housrs sleep or so to ring vets and get her in in morning.....im epileptic and loss of sleep equals fits no good to nayone then. if she gets worse then shell wake me up and ill go then but its by taxi and this time of night/morning is stil club runs time.

fingers crossed..i think shes got dental probs again..wel after seing htat mark and him seeing to her teth i wont be surprised:censored:

thank you .

she saw a vet today and shes pulled tgrough because of us treating her..she had dental spurs as suspected but her tummy was just about working thanks to the fibreplex etc.
shes a very tired little girl...snoozing after a hayfest once she got home:love:

Back