• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shall we get Timba a little lady to keep him company?

ivor Middleton

Young Bun
I have been offered a spayed French lop aged 4 to live with Timba , who is more or less the same age? My daughter really wants him to have another friend as his long term partner passed away a year ago. I am in too minds, we can afford to pay for her up keep, we are happy to do so but what I am slightly worried about is, what if Timba doesn't like her:cry: I don't really want to have 2 separate bunnies. I have never bonded before as Timba and his partner came together already.

Is there a facility near you that can carry out the bonding on neutral territory? What about BARC?

The rabbit we have been offered is in Courtmoor Fleet Hampshire, I am going to collect her on wednesday when I am on my way home from working down there,
I have been told to ask Sooz about bonding?:D

wow thats a long way for her to travel, Please give me a ring I can help you bond a her with Timba if you wanted me too.
I am sure he will take to her.
I binded Blue monster with Molly and he had lived with Shadow until she passed away. He re bonded very quickly and after a stand off they were both licking and cleaning eachother within 20 mins of meeting.

Thanks Tina, I may well do this.
Do you think she need to isolated first before we introduce them?
She has been wormed with panicur 28 day and has up to date injections

I hope all goes well tomorrow for the collection of your new friend for Timba.
I hope the vets were useful to talk to? lets us know if there is anything we can do, as i said we have 3 isolation places so if needed we could help you with that for the 14 days and then do the bonding.

All went well and we are now going to waggytails to have them bonded, as we don;t know what to expect, we haven;t renamed her yet but when we do it will be african , as thats always different to being boring.
So look out Tina you have my daughter and my bunnies !

Your Daughters week 2 will be good and as for bonding the two of them, I think they will get on fine. I am looking forward to meeting the 2 of them :wave:

Back