• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham I am bonding .....

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Maple and Benny. Maple has recently lost her partner after a long battle with dental problems. Benny is a boy who came to ARC having been bred by a small time breeder who was unable to find a home for him and his two brothers. He came to ARC with a very nasty abscess on his testicles from which he has now recovered.

I am also bonding a large black rex and a small lion head girl. The lion head came to ARC possibly pregnant living with a male bunny, the large black rex had recently lost his partner having only been paired up just after Christmas.

21l4wur.jpg

Just sitting quietly

20uq16b.jpg

In hiding

2d1tod1.jpg

Waiting for my intended to come out of hiding.

Blimey Janice, you been waving your magic wand again. They seem to Benny and Maple seem to have settled already don't they.

Ooh everything crossed here!

Well done you....

Benny and Maple seem to have settled already don't they.
We have had a couple more episodes of a small amount of chasing, but not anything which has required any intervention, they do two laps of the tray and then stop. Maple makes it all sounds far worse than it is when she thumps which she does a lot at the moment. Benny is more intent on keeping his ears nicely groomed for his new friend.

Very settled, but come on you two, we'd like some licky head action please!

Hope the other pair are doing okay too. The little lionhead lady was a bit shy when I saw her last night....

All night and this morning have been fairly quiet. I came down this morning to find both Maple and Benny snuggled up in the litter tray together, no grooming however the fact they have chosen to sit together is obviously an excellent move.

My other two are further behind. Amelia the lionhead is not so nervous of her new partner and has ventured out from under the hay and is sitting near her big friend. They are not really intereacting but again there is nothing problematic going on ... this is a pair of buns who will take a little while to settle.

All night and this morning have been fairly quiet. I came down this morning to find both Maple and Benny snuggled up in the litter tray together, no grooming however the fact they have chosen to sit together is obviously an excellent move.

My other two are further behind. Amelia the lionhead is not so nervous of her new partner and has ventured out from under the hay and is sitting near her big friend. They are not really intereacting but again there is nothing problematic going on ... this is a pair of buns who will take a little while to settle.

Well that does sound promising..... here's hoping for both pairs.

Good luck with the bonding :D. As I look out of the window I can see the two pairs of buns (Dennis & Poppy and Zola & Buttercup) you bonded for me two weeks ago laying on the grass grooming eachohter :love: :love:

Am reading with interest!! I was looking at Benny on your website.. he is gorgeous!! :love:

Good luck with the bonding...... who will be the next set of bunnies for you to wave your magic wand over?? ;)

I use a 140 cm ferplast cage. One of them has the lid that came with it, the other has a pen around it. I find that they are an ideal size for bonding rabbits of most sizes.

Am reading with interest!! I was looking at Benny on your website.. he is gorgeous!! :love:

Good luck with the bonding...... who will be the next set of bunnies for you to wave your magic wand over?? ;)

I have Twinkle and Pickle to bond with new partners next weekend, hopefully we will have :love: at first sight

Back